::AIRDOG 2 USERS PLEASE CHIME IN:: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
::AIRDOG 2 USERS PLEASE CHIME IN::

Okay so with all the negative feedback on AD2s. I and Term3 thought it would be a good idea to start a thread and see who is running them. I want to know 1) Have you had any problems 2) How long have you been running it. 3) Are you using a sump. 4) Have you made your own wire harness, if so what size while and have you had any problems since. 5) How do you get the power i.e- batteries or alternator. 6) Did you use the fuse tap or tap into the factory harness? 7) where on the frame is the pump mounted. 8) What psi is your fuel pressure set at. 9) Anything extra like 'how many pumps you went though' etc...

Just wanted to make sure all portions where covered, if you think I missed something pm me and I'll add it. Thank you

Last edited by Fox Hunt; 07-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I have the Air dog 2 system, no sump, wiring harness from Air Dog and no problems. Still on the original pump I installed from Air Dog 2. I used a toggle switch from the battery to the pump. Has a 30amp relay inline and 20amp fuse at the battery. Plus a 20 amp fuse after the switch. I have my gauges wired into the same power supply so I remember to turn the switch off.

When I turn the key on I turn the pump on when the wts light goes off I start the truck up.

Again I have had no problems with this set up and I am really pleased.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Don't forget to say how long you guys have been running your AD2 and also if you've done any changes to the suction and discharge lines for the pump.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
On my third DF-165 in 2 years. First replaced in 6 months for not maintaining fuel pressure. Last summer I started having pressure problems with 2nd pump. At that time I sumped the tank and replumbed the entire fuel system eliminating all of the stock fuel system components. Tues. 7/17/12 2nd pump died altogether stranding me in upstate NY. I purchased a replacement DF-165 and am about to build a new fuel system with the DF-165 feeding a Fuelab Prodigy 41402 HP pump. My DF-165 is wired with the AD harness tapped into the stock pump harness to activate. Both new fuel pumps will be rewired with 10 gauge power and 30 amp relays powered directly from the Alternator.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've been running mine for about three months. It seems to be running fine. I have had to replace a motor within two weeks of installing it. But it's running good now. I have a spare motor just in case.

The system is flawed. I wouldn't buy it again. They might as well just bump the price up, include a high-amp alternator, fuel sump, bigger lines, external regulator, and upgraded wiring harness. Because the AirDog would benefit from all of these I listed.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
I've been running mine for about three months. It seems to be running fine. I have had to replace a motor within two weeks of installing it. But it's running good now. I have a spare motor just in case.

The system is flawed. I wouldn't buy it again. They might as well just bump the price up, include a high-amp alternator, fuel sump, bigger lines, external regulator, and upgraded wiring harness. Because the AirDog would benefit from all of these I listed.
Yes, would be nice to have all that as a kit but the whole point of this tread is to answer the questions in the first post that way we can see if there is a common setup that is problem free.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Had mine for about a year. Had to replace the pump 2 days after install due to it pumping fuel through the wire harness. Followed the instructions and ran the power feed from the battery. Havent had a problem with the second one and overall love the system.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Mine was hooked up per the directions. I'm not running a sump, Its wired to come on when I turn on the ignition. used thier wiring harness. I carry a spare pump just in case because I drive so much for work. I am on my 2nd pump. I got over 100k on the first pump in about 18 months. I haven't had time to research why the pump stopped.

EDIT: pump is mounted on the inside of the frame rail rear rear door. and the pump is set to 55psi

Last edited by mudrunninpig; 07-29-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have gone through 3 pumps, wired to the battery with the airdog harness, had it for 2 years now. have a sump on it and its running at about 67psi and then i have the rr on the motor as the main regulator. overall i wont buy one of these again. about to be on my next pump here in a few days as the second one wont hold pressure again!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Added two more questions to the original post. Keep them coming guys I know there are more than that using them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.