Debating on Stack(s) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Debating on Stack(s)

As of now i have a 4inch turbo back into a 5inch tip, i love the sound but does the stack make it louder? does anybody have any videos comparing it or do i have to hear it for myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Stacks will def. be louder. Instead of going out the rear of the truck, its coming out right behind your rear window. My buddy had a 6" stack for a while, and it was sweet, but got old really quick. There was no talking on a phone, or to other people running down the Hwy. And god forbid you have a headace before you jump in the truck

If I just drove my truck on the weekends Id def have stacks on it!!! But its my DD so Ill stick with the rear exit!

If the Loud whistle, and rumble in the bed wont bother you after the first week...go for it!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea Stacks are really for the select few. I have a 4in down pipe to a 5in exhaust pipe to an 8in stack with a straight through dynomax muffler stuffed down inside the stack. From idle to about 70 mph (less than 2k rpms) it is JUST a little bit louder than stock but once the rpms get to like 2100, it starts resonating and develops a drone. It isn't loud enough to keep you from having a conversation but it is definitely louder than stock. Nevertheless though, I really like my stack and dont want to get rid of it.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
The Silent Service

I'll put it pretty simply, if there is doubt in your mind now, you will most likely regret it later.

A 4" system is plenty for performance, I run a 5" system cat-back for the lower growl.

If you tow anything, I would keep a traditional exhaust, clean up ain't worth it.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
I'll put it pretty simply, if there is doubt in your mind now, you will most likely regret it later.

A 4" system is plenty for performance, I run a 5" system cat-back for the lower growl.

If you tow anything, I would keep a traditional exhaust, clean up ain't worth it.
Not really I didn't wana cut hole in my bed after. Year later I ordered stack 5 inch diamond eye already on my truck to 8 inch single miter and love it doubt ill ever go back. Only downside is keeping bed rails and tailgate cap mine is the tan so u can imagine but love it n sounds Awsome
Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 PM

stacks are trash IMO
Old 07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
stacks are trash IMO
Single stack on passenger side with 600+ HP ok, stacks with a superchip definitely trash. Imo
Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Yea Stacks are really for the select few. I have a 4in down pipe to a 5in exhaust pipe to an 8in stack with a straight through dynomax muffler stuffed down inside the stack. From idle to about 70 mph (less than 2k rpms) it is JUST a little bit louder than stock but once the rpms get to like 2100, it starts resonating and develops a drone. It isn't loud enough to keep you from having a conversation but it is definitely louder than stock. Nevertheless though, I really like my stack and dont want to get rid of it.
I now this is an old thread but nate could of not said it any better. I run a 4 inch turbo back straight pipe to a 5 inch elboe into a 7 inch mitre cut MBRP stack and he said it perfect. Below about 2250 RPM which is 70 and under cruising with windows down it aint loud at all but over 75 it gets pretty lous. If I roll the windows up though i can not here it that well at all even at 75
Old 08-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu! View Post
Single stack on passenger side with 600+ HP ok, stacks with a superchip definitely trash. Imo
In my opinion any stack(s) are...wait for it.....
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMM View Post
In my opinion any stack(s) are...wait for it.....
He asking for usefully info comparing sound of stacks to reg exhaust not for your wait for it :.............useless opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.