HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!

Just got my shippment and have gotten last deposit on the hybrid, need to get more wheels in. Just wanted to show the members what the hybrid wheels and the stage 2 upgrade wheels look like. I also put pictures on hybrid thread. Thanks for all the support, MAD

HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!-hybrid-turbo-wheel-112.jpg

HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!-hybrid-turbo-wheel-102.jpg

HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!-hybrid-turbo-wheel-104.jpg

HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!-hybrid-turbo-wheel-108.jpg

HYBRID WHEELS::::holy batmowheel!!!!-hybrid-turbo-wheel-109.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to crashtest22
man I wish you had these when I had ordered my stage 2
owell...
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking good Adrian. Be nice to see what a difference it makes in the flow over the cast wheel.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest22 View Post
man I wish you had these when I had ordered my stage 2
owell...
Ditto! What he said.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well they wouldn't have come standard when you guys ordered your Stage 2s but either way I am sure Adrian would be able to work something out for you once he gets his supply evened out. I have seen how to disassemble a turbo to swap out a wheel and I can definitely tell you that it will take longer to pull the turbo and put it all back in as opposed to changing out the wheel.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Really looking forward to the day when I can put an order in for one of these Hybrids. Too bad that day is a long time coming. Spending all my money fixing what the previous owner didn't take care of and making this thing reliable to the point I feel I can play with it . Thanks again to everyone that has been helping with these turbos and obviously to Adrian for putting in all the time on them.

Last edited by Brew_WY; 07-25-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM

So question; why the little bent and squiggly ends of the wheel? Just to improve flow?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 AM
The Silent Service

Got a question for you on these Adrian (now that you have me considering a Stage 2, with the way that one looks in the pic)?

What would your estimations be airflow wise with the Hybrid and Stage 2 - Billet Wheels?
Which is going to be a better towing match for stock injectors, by your estimates?
How much of a difference is going to be made with the Billet Wheels, by estimate?
How much whistle are you looking at with these things, with a 13 blade turbine?

(Note, finally heard the '03 turbo, and a Powermax scream this past weekend, I'm not a huge fan.)
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
Got a question for you on these Adrian (now that you have me considering a Stage 2, with the way that one looks in the pic)?

What would your estimations be airflow wise with the Hybrid and Stage 2 - Billet Wheels?
Which is going to be a better towing match for stock injectors, by your estimates?
How much of a difference is going to be made with the Billet Wheels, by estimate?

(Note, finally heard the '03 turbo, and a Powermax scream this past weekend, I'm not a huge fan.)
I think the billet wheel in the hybrid will flow the same if not alittle more than stage 2 with a cast wheel.
Towing with stock injectors I would go with the hybird
The major differance between the stage 2 and hybrids are the a/r housings, Hybrid .58 vs stage 2 .72. The stage 2 with a billet wheel will be the biggest flow, it will have same spool and lag as the stage 1, but out flow it.
Whistle will be an intake whistle only nothing like the 2003 exhaust whistle.
Hope that answer the questions you had. Thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post

These are some wierd and unrealistic questions that you are looking for answers on. IMO, based on the lack of information on actual flow numbers with billet wheels (batmowheels), here is what I would expect for a billet wheeled Stage 2.

I would expect (at the worse) the same amount of air flow as the cast wheel but due to the lighter weight, the turbo would spool quicker and be more responsive. Enough to notice?? IDK

For stock injectors the billet wheeled Stage 2 WILL work for towing just as well as every other turbo that has been ran with stock injectors and used for towing (including the stock turbo).

I would estimate gains similar to the gains noticed in the batmowheels for the stock and powermax turbos (i.e. increase in torque and lower EGT numbers with no real peak power gains).

There may be slightly more intake whistle (emphasis on the word MAY) due to increased air flow, but there wont be any more exhaust whistle than what you see with a 04-07 powerstroke turbo (13 blade) and with the increase in air flow over the stock turbo there will most likely be even less whistle (a characteristic we have noticed with several Stage 1 and Stage 2s).

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.