Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7L CAC!!!!

11K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  Zipdrive 
#1 ·
Well i got my hands on one. im going to install where air pump is on right fender run cac tube to it and then to front cac. i will hook heater core coolant lines to it and see how much more it drops in comming air from turbo! then comes dry ice tank i will run that to it later. it will be very interesting to see how much IAT drops if at all! will keep any interested up to date!!

#2 ·
Has anybody measured the air temp going into the stock 6.0 CAC?

#4 ·
Been good, haven't done much the last few weeks, too freaking hot outside! LOL!!

#5 ·
You can see IAT1 and IAT2 with some OBDII readers. IAT1 will be from the MAF or sensor in the intake. IAT2 is on the intake manifold passenger side runner. My Terminator Engineering scangauge will show both, the IAT1 will run the same as OAT while driving around. IAT2 (for me) runs within 10-20* of OAT. I do have a Spearco and don't have numbers prior to the IC install.

Can you post up pics of the 6.7 tube??

#6 ·
I was referring to temps prior to going into the inner cooler, between the turbo and inner cooler.

He wants to add a 6.7 liquid cooler IC prior to the 6.0 IC. If air temps leaving the turbo to 6.0 IC is around 190*, then adding a 6.7 IC would be a waste.

#8 ·

#14 ·
this is what im putting on it and i know it will reduce temps before going into main cac lilpooh is right its around 750 degrees comin out of turbo so this will really make a difference and just might me the new mod for more power

#15 ·
very interesting to see how this goes for ya Dale

#16 ·
Where you gonna put it? Where pass side batt is and relocate that ?

Sent from the moon

#17 ·
yep passenger side flat where airpump is on fender well. im going to weld the pipes very soon to keep plumbing low profile. this is like back in the navy days on the jets i love fabrication!!! i will have all numbers to back up wether its a worthwhile mod. inlet temps before and after each cac. 3 degrees makes a difference so i hope this lower 750 buy at least 100 to 200 degrees imagine the increase in hp!!!

#18 ·
very cool...post up some pics also if you can.

#20 ·
Dale, are you going to relocate just the air pump or vacuum tank or both?

#21 ·
both i figure thats the least intrusive move

#24 ·
free from a messed up 6.7l i like free

#29 ·
yes i am im doing so many things at once im confused. the truck will be down for the next 2 weeks as a deer hit me in the side and messed up the entire side of truck to the tune of 3300 dollars insurance. but this will be done i have everything i need i just have to finish my fuel mods and exhaust mods first. im doing one at a time to get results for just that mod. so yes il keep you guys up to date!

#26 ·
What were the results of this set up???

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#28 ·
#32 ·
I'm driving down the road and I seen him coming from the left. I slowed a bit and probably should have just kept my coarse and bang front left fender, door, before rear tire on bed, bumper, running board. Man it was loud and that deer got up and ran like a criminal!! They are tough!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.