Hitting the rollers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Westminster MD
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hitting the rollers

This Sunday I'm gonna be running my truck on ID dyno. Is there any extra little things I can do to squeeze a couple extra out ? I wanna get some base #s before I get a mad turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 PM
BACKYARDIGAN


 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What tune(s) are you gonna run??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Westminster MD
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm gonna run SPD and I'm gonna switch between the herc and atlas 80. I'm debating taking off my 35's and running my stockers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
BACKYARDIGAN


 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh yea, if you are looking for every possible bit of power, I recommend putting your stock tires on for the run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke Techie


 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UPPER SALFORD PA
Posts: 2,022
Thanks: 80
Thanked 60 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwatts View Post
This Sunday I'm gonna be running my truck on ID dyno. Is there any extra little things I can do to squeeze a couple extra out ? I wanna get some base #s before I get a mad turbo.
ILL BE THERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Westminster MD
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are you gonna run as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie


 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UPPER SALFORD PA
Posts: 2,022
Thanks: 80
Thanked 60 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I HAVE ERICS TUNES IN NOW BUT IM WAITING FOR MATTS TUNES. BUT YES ID LIKE TO ROLE BUTT IM COMING FROM PA SO ILL BE THERE LATER. THERE MAY NOT BE ANY ROOM FOR ME. WE WILL HAVE TO FIND EACH OTHER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 5,753
Thanks: 79
Thanked 132 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwatts View Post
I'm gonna run SPD and I'm gonna switch between the herc and atlas 80. I'm debating taking off my 35's and running my stockers.
I'm gonna say this, if you run 35's all the time, dyno it with 35's. Dyno with your exact day to day setup. At least dyno it once with your 35's and then throw the stockers on and spin em'. IMHO, a slightly lower number on a bigger "day to day" setup is much more respectable than dropping back to something you no longer run just to get a bigger number. I was assured that I could've made 10-15 more RWHP with stock tires on my truck, but I ran with my 35's. I'll make a pass with stock tires, but I'll only advertise my DD setup numbers.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck or flame anyone, just stating my opinion on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Westminster MD
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGERNAUT View Post
I HAVE ERICS TUNES IN NOW BUT IM WAITING FOR MATTS TUNES. BUT YES ID LIKE TO ROLE BUTT IM COMING FROM PA SO ILL BE THERE LATER. THERE MAY NOT BE ANY ROOM FOR ME. WE WILL HAVE TO FIND EACH OTHER!
I'm coming from pa to , littlestown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Westminster MD
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
I'm gonna say this, if you run 35's all the time, dyno it with 35's. Dyno with your exact day to day setup. At least dyno it once with your 35's and then throw the stockers on and spin em'. IMHO, a slightly lower number on a bigger "day to day" setup is much more respectable than dropping back to something you no longer run just to get a bigger number. I was assured that I could've made 10-15 more RWHP with stock tires on my truck, but I ran with my 35's. I'll make a pass with stock tires, but I'll only advertise my DD setup numbers.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck or flame anyone, just stating my opinion on this.
I feel ya there man , plus it just looks better hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors