Gearhead's SRL and Warren Diesel review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gearhead's SRL and Warren Diesel review

So just recently I finished my DIY HG and studs. I this process I put Warren Diesels 175cc injectors over the stock nozzle option and also loaded up a custom tune from Gearhead auto. onto my X3.

Lets start with the SRL - IMO its night and day from what my truck used to be, to what she's at now. My throttle isnt to sensative but at the same time it's not heavy. The get-up and go to my truck is amazing. But im sure the injectors help that out to. I use my truck as a daily driver, to work and back everyday. My MPG used to sit around 13, after I tuned her, she's now averaging around 17-18 MPG. When I called Gearhead and spoke with whomever I spoke to, they were respectful, answered all my questions and not once tryed rushing me off the phone. Overall review for Gearhead and their SRL tune is

and the tune help me dust a duramax today

Warren Diesel - Its kinda hard to write a review about something you dont physically see lol. But these guys deserve it. Before I even made up my mind about these Injectors I spent about 30 min on the phone with one of Warren Diesel's employees. When I was talking to him and asking all these newb questions I was sure he would've got inpatient and rushed me off the phone. Not once, every single question I asked, I got answer's to with no attitude or anything. I sent my injectors off on a Thurs to thier shop. The following Fri. I already had my injectors back with new o-rings, brass seals and nozzle's ( or maybe they just clean the **** out of them idk ). Anyways my injectors looked great and feel great when I get on the pedal. Employees seemed really knowledgeable on our 6.0's and were willing to answer any question I could have thought of, even if it had nothing to do with the injectors. Overall review for Warren Diesel

Performance Machine MFG - These are the guys I ordered my stuff through when I figured out that my HG's were gone. I got one of the master solutions witch included ARP's, OEM HG, Delete w/up-pipe, Coolant filter (added this), SCT X3, Oil Cooler, gaskets, o-rings ect...overall price for what I ordered was the cheapest than any other site that I looked on at that time, ofcourse unless I put the kit together peice by peice. At that point I was in-patient and wanted everything I needed in 1 shot. I spoke with a few sales reps and they were all very helpful with the kit I wanted and got everything correct the first time go. I recieved my kit in less than a week's time and everything I ordered was correct and thier. I know theirs been mixed feelings about these guys but from me they get a

***Edit***

Ed @ FICM Repair - So my FICM volts were dropping down to 43 on start, and only running around 46-47 while cruising. So I tore it out, sent it Ed at FICMrepair.com. First off let me say they have excellent customer service, and when he says they work on it the same day they get it or very next day its true. He received my FICM this past Monday. On Thursday I already had my FICM back and repaired. WOW great turn-around time by this man. Put my FICM back in yesterday.
-Key on NOT cranking = 48v
-During crank = 48v
-While driving = 48 - 49v

Outstanding work Ed . I would recommend him to anybody on this site

Last edited by wagner22; 08-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

jesse warren is probably in my opinion the best injector manufacturer for the 6.0 in my opinion, he uses a 6.0 to pull in the 2.6 class and does respectable and have heard nothing but great reviews out of them. nice kill and upgrades
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can say the same thing with all three companies. Just got my truck back together monday. I went with 155/30's thoe. But I am going to have to get my tunes rewrote again. :doh. Hopefully the new tunes will fix my vibration.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokedoutlaw View Post
jesse warren is probably in my opinion the best injector manufacturer for the 6.0 in my opinion, he uses a 6.0 to pull in the 2.6 class and does respectable and have heard nothing but great reviews out of them. nice kill and upgrades
ya personally I would recommend jesse to anybody on this site that was looking for injector work or new injectors. thanx for the compliment man

Deere Diesel Man - I can say the same thing with all three companies. Just got my truck back together monday. I went with 155/30's thoe. But I am going to have to get my tunes rewrote again. Hopefully the new tunes will fix my vibration.

Good stuff on the truck man, how do you like those 155/30's ? what's vibrating ?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Jesse Warren is a GREAT guy for sure and definitely knows his stuff. Nevertheless, he isn't the only one that (IMO) makes GREAT injectors. I have about 4k miles on my truck (with almost 2k of that being cross country traveling) with these 190/100s from Renegade Diesel and they are still running as good as the day I put them in. On a hot day, my truck idles almost as quiet as a common rail. However this winter will be the true test for them to see if the truck still starts and idles as smooth as it does.

Just tryin to throw out a plug for the up and coming guy is all.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM

How much do his injectors run?

Website?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Jesse Warren is a GREAT guy for sure and definitely knows his stuff. Nevertheless, he isn't the only one that (IMO) makes GREAT injectors. I have about 4k miles on my truck (with almost 2k of that being cross country traveling) with these 190/100s from Renegade Diesel and they are still running as good as the day I put them in. On a hot day, my truck idles almost as quiet as a common rail. However this winter will be the true test for them to see if the truck still starts and idles as smooth as it does.

Just tryin to throw out a plug for the up and coming guy is all.
Sounds like some good stuff man! If he selling a good product I dont see why you wouldnt ! IMO if its money well spent and the company deserves credit then give it to them!

How much do his injectors run?

My injectors werent brand new, they were the ones already in my truck and it cost me 600$ for the 175's over stock nozzle option. Not sure about Renegade Diesel's
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea mine aren't brand new ones either. I had sent him my set as well. Basically (just like Jesse from what I have read and heard about) by the time they are done being built bigger, there really isnt any need to have started with brand new remans because they are going to get cut anyways and have new guts and nozzles put on them so aside from having a new wiring connector the injectors will be the same when it is all said and done. This is my understanding of it all anyways. I could be wrong.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's what I understood from it to, thats why I went the route I did because It was pretty decent price difference from the remans from just sending yours in. And like you said, by the time your getting them back, thier basically the same thing just cheaper. Well worth the money IMO
Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagner22 View Post
ya personally I would recommend jesse to anybody on this site that was looking for injector work or new injectors. thanx for the compliment man

Deere Diesel Man - I can say the same thing with all three companies. Just got my truck back together monday. I went with 155/30's thoe. But I am going to have to get my tunes rewrote again. Hopefully the new tunes will fix my vibration.

Good stuff on the truck man, how do you like those 155/30's ? what's vibrating ?
Can't really tell as of now how I like them. Will have to give it just a while longer. I just loaded up some of Vivian's tunes for my setup. Shifts great, but to me feels nothing like matts or some other tunes I have wrote. Its funny cause I don't care one bit how srl does on the upper gears. Locks waaaaayy early and hunts. All or nothing.
It does feel to me thoe that the more I mod this truck the less powerfull it feels.
I really have no clue where the vibration is coming from? Somewhere in the motor is all I know.

Last edited by Deere Diesel Man; 07-21-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.