AFE air intake alert!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AFE air intake alert!!!!!!

Ok,forgive me for a long rant in advance,but all diesel modders need to know about this experience ive had with AFE advanced flow engineering....
In 2009 i had a stage 2 cold air box professionally installed by a tech at altitude adjustments in red deer alberta...cost of $900....now to fast forward to january of this year,the small rubber grommet under the tube going from the box to the turbo had broken off from the rubber detiorating...the grommet was ingested by my turbo,shattering all the fins,thereby going into my intercooler.After further investigation i found all the rubber involved in this AFE product had detiorated to the point of cracking and breaking.Cost of repairs,$2600!!!I took a bunch of photos,letters from mechanic along with bill,my receipt from install and sent it all to warranty department of AFE after calling them thats what they told me to do.I just received a letter today stating they will not cover any repairs or even replace my broken crappy intake that i have now.THIS PRODUCT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY......I called for 5 months,just to be ignored and pushed aside.Basically AFE doesnt back their product or have any customer service whats so ever.Anyone with this product in their truck,be weary,and anyone looking at purchasing mods,stay clear of this product as well.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy7777 View Post
Ok,forgive me for a long rant in advance,but all diesel modders need to know about this experience ive had with AFE advanced flow engineering....
In 2009 i had a stage 2 cold air box professionally installed by a tech at altitude adjustments in red deer alberta...cost of $900....now to fast forward to january of this year,the small rubber grommet under the tube going from the box to the turbo had broken off from the rubber detiorating...the grommet was ingested by my turbo,shattering all the fins,thereby going into my intercooler.After further investigation i found all the rubber involved in this AFE product had detiorated to the point of cracking and breaking.Cost of repairs,$2600!!!I took a bunch of photos,letters from mechanic along with bill,my receipt from install and sent it all to warranty department of AFE after calling them thats what they told me to do.I just received a letter today stating they will not cover any repairs or even replace my broken crappy intake that i have now.THIS PRODUCT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY......I called for 5 months,just to be ignored and pushed aside.Basically AFE doesnt back their product or have any customer service whats so ever.Anyone with this product in their truck,be weary,and anyone looking at purchasing mods,stay clear of this product as well.........
the same thing happened to a friend of mine they didnt do anything for him. they stink and the product kept setting check engine light to boot.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Oh really?Im takin this up a notch,trying to contact someone other then warranty department....im raising hell over this!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
yet another reason to stick with the stock set-up. Sorry to hear that you have had so many problems out of this.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear about that. Keep pushing them and make them pay!! Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-14-2012, 06:49 AM

Unbelieveable. Guess i won't be going with an AFE intake after all. Good luck to you o.p. Hope things work out.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelnc View Post
Unbelieveable. Guess i won't be going with an AFE intake after all. Good luck to you o.p. Hope things work out.
Just to clarify so i dont look like a troll.We had a customer bring a afe setup in our dealer for us to install.We did and install was very easy BUT this is where it all goes bad. We roadtested truck and halfway back from roadtest truck d-rates and check engine light come on for mass air sensor. We cleared it and reroad tested truck to have same thing happen in same area. So after i reinstalled stock setup and roadtested to not have anymore trouble or check engine lights i called afe and they told me i installed kit WRONG!! lol i siad to the guy REALLY how could i possible screw this up its like abcdefg? he was rude and i gave him a peace of my mind so he hung up on me!! this is where i ended it. I gave parts back to customer and told them situation about check engine light and truck d-rateing and what afe siad to me. He promtly returned said airbox in the mail. We will NOT ever install any of there products ever again.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGERNAUT View Post
Just to clarify so i dont look like a troll.We had a customer bring a afe setup in our dealer for us to install.We did and install was very easy BUT this is where it all goes bad. We roadtested truck and halfway back from roadtest truck d-rates and check engine light come on for mass air sensor. We cleared it and reroad tested truck to have same thing happen in same area. So after i reinstalled stock setup and roadtested to not have anymore trouble or check engine lights i called afe and they told me i installed kit WRONG!! lol i siad to the guy REALLY how could i possible screw this up its like abcdefg? he was rude and i gave him a peace of my mind so he hung up on me!! this is where i ended it. I gave parts back to customer and told them situation about check engine light and truck d-rateing and what afe siad to me. He promtly returned said airbox in the mail. We will NOT ever install any of there products ever again.

Customer service is everything. They obviously don't have it. F them.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy7777 View Post
Wow, thanks for sharing the info! That sucks about your truck. Stay on them and maybe someone will man up and atleast cover some part of the damage. I have been looking at intakes and it has been a toss up between S&B and AFE, now this has made my decision. I will not buy anything from a company with no customer service or that doesn't back their products. Thanks again for sharing.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i hope the OP gets this taken care of. i have not had any issue with my afe filter in the stock box or the stage 2 cold air kit i have now. no check engine light or any issue but from the sounds of it hopefully i never need there customer service but as of now i like there product
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.