PHP FICM Tuner Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP FICM Tuner Review

Well Monday my FICM Tuner came in so I tossed it on. To start off I have stock headbolts with 222k miles on the motor and I run IDP Extreme Race tune as my DD. I tossed on the Atlas 80 so see how it was. The truck starts a lot easier and the throttle response is amazing. The truck pulls harder then before. Have kept an eye on my gauges and so far temp wise EOT ECT are the same EGT is a tad high maybe like 50 degrees. I have noticed my boost on somewhat lvl ground at 70mph has now dropped to 2-3lbs while driving. I have noticed driving my same route the past couple days the truck has gotten slightly better mpg. This weekend I got a 12 hour round trip drive to go pick up a motor so we will see how the truck avgs on fuel. The truck usually avgs around 16mpg so hopefully I get a little jump we will see. As time goes I will update this as I get new data. Also in a couple weeks I will be going back to the track to run and see how much it helped. My truck runs a consistent 13.750-13.8 so hopefully it helps some. I am debating on running the Hercules for the track.

Also yes I know I have stock studs but no tests or actual trucks blown any headgaskets from running it with race ecm/pcm tune. PHP said they havent tested it so they cant give me a yes or no. The only thing they mentioned is the SOI curve could cause issues on start up but they said with custom SCT tunes you are ok its more for generic tuned tuners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Keep us informed. I am looking at picking this up also. I assume that it is able to communicate/flash the FICM from the OBD II port? Or do you have to pull the FICM and plug in directly to it?

Cheers,

Brew
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Plugs right into your OBD2 port. All you have to do is inplug FICM relay under hood then tune
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 PM

I am loving mine the more I drive it. I run the Hurcules with ID Extreme Street as my DD. Bottom end response is amazing. Some will say that they are not getting better fuel mileage but I beg to differ. I haven't gone on a long trip that would take an entire tank but this last fill up I put over 300 miles on the clock and have over 1/4 tank left. I used to only get around 300 miles a tank. I can't get actual mpg at this time though, my fuel tank is leaking at the pickup tube from my AD150.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hercules turned my truck into a whole new beast. also getting 19-20mpg at or below 2k rpm. best $400 i've spent in a looong time.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 AM

u guys bought the programmer you keep correct
not the tune and return version ?

their website is a little confusing
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
hercules turned my truck into a whole new beast. also getting 19-20mpg at or below 2k rpm. best $400 i've spent in a looong time.
^^^agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
u guys bought the programmer you keep correct
not the tune and return version ?

their website is a little confusing
I got the one I can keep with all for tunes. I have yet to try the others. I will switch to Atlas 40 when I put my trailer on the truck.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM

Thx !! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM

I got the atlas 80 because I tow from time to time and lets just say woke the animal up. Low end grunt is insane and once the turbo lights its go time. Starts easier, idels quiter, and Im deft getting better fuel millage. EGT are up and im working to get them back down saving up for a new turbo. Best $150 bucks I spent when my FICM bit the dust and had ED put on PHP tune
Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Im excited to see what kind of MPG i will get this weekend on my long drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.