exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
exhaust

I decided to get rid of the stack and put the stock exhaust back on no kitty or muff and when i got home i checked the coolant max on my commander and it said 288! i have never seen above 209.....how high is to high.....what is the max you have seen.....i plan on putting a full silverline or farmboy exhaust on soon...what does the farmboy sound like with his highflow mufler.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 08:38 AM
SMOKE ROLLER

Give Gus @ Farmboy a call he might have a sound byte for you, he's a really cool dude to talk to. His kit will prolly be half the price of that Silverline kit (think there a little proud). There are quite a few guys here already running his kits...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Here is mine with the muff.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

I've only had my commander a few days, but I'm finding the coolant temp to be less than accurate. I have seen peaks of over 300! Temps that high are when it is acting up. Normally I see around 209. Today towing a 16,000 lb trailer with 83 degree ambient temps I saw 230-240, but I still don't trust it. Maybe one of the techs can fill us in on where it should be.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 PM

i hope so....mine usually stays around 200-209...how do you like your innovative tunes? i going to try the xtreme race whenever i hear back from them....emailed them today....
Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, The commander is nice, but it would be nicer if it worked all of the time like it is supposed to. That is why I will probably go to a 4 pillar set up before the end of the year.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Everything else works like a champ on the Commander except the coolant temp. It sounds like I'm not experiencing a fluke thing here. That's a shame because ECT was one of the things that I want to monitor closely.

One of the setup options in the Commander is for a Quazilla temp sender. Do they offer their own sending unit that screws into the block somewhere?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
whyd u take the stack off? got sick of it or what?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F-250-6.0 View Post
i hope so....mine usually stays around 200-209...how do you like your innovative tunes? i going to try the xtreme race whenever i hear back from them....emailed them today....
Eric must be busy this weekend because I emailed him Friday afternoon about an xtreme street tune and haven't heard from him yet. He will take care of you I guarantee it. The original street tune that he sent me was generic and gutless, but he fixed me up with another that is just what I was looking for.

I have used the street tune to tow a 4,000 lb empty gooseneck trailer and the highest EGT that I saw was 1136 with a max boost of about 24 psi. This was at 75 degrees ambient temp and the coolant temp ran about 209-210. Those numbers were flat out flogging it in hilly terrain.

Today I tried out the Tow-Aggressive tune w/turbo braking. I was pulling the same trailer with a 12,000 lb load on it. Approximately the same numbers as posted above pulling some pretty extreme hills, but the ambient temp was at 86 degrees. The tranny temp crept up to 180 today but no higher. Coolant temp seemed a little higher also, but the Commander wasn't giving a real consistent reading. I can't wait to try this tune with my fifth wheel camper. It only weighs around 8,000 lbs.

I think I expected more from the turbo braking than what it really delivers. I have a hard time saying that it makes a difference.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM

ya i got tired of the stack...im sure his tunes are great from what i hear...i was just hopeing to get it before mon because of working out of town...who knows might just drive my truck out of town to work instead of riding with my boss so i can try it out once i get it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.