Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEW GUY NEEDS HELP

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  jb903 
#1 ·
wow this is a great site and truely helpful. i just got rid of my 05 cummins and a ton of mods and got an 06 f250. love it but lacking the cummins grunt. i just ordered full gauges and now im wondering what next? im gonna ditch the kitty and muffler and order a dj's tune ( u guys really love this man ). so what intake should i do? and trans mods? i wanna run the looney tune i think and i know its wasting money and poitnless but i would like to see this truck smoke like my cummins and have the power to back it up. any and all help would be great. thanks alot guys:thumb:

#3 ·
not to hi-jack the thread...... (besides the obvious reasons) why did u turn into a Ford man from a "modded" dodge?, those babies are powerhouses

#4 ·
well it was lifted and i was sick of bouncing around all the time. i have had lifted trucks the last 15 years and i figure i would try the cadi escalde ext.:poster: BIG MISTAKE. dumped that for a silverado gasser and just missed the diesel and lifted truck. so i got this ford. i have had 2 other ford sd in the past never the powerstroke though. i really loved the dodge tons of power but the interior sucked and i always loved my fords. i just hope i can get the performance up on this. the dodge had injectors, triple dog with crazy larry, studs, sps 66 turbo, smoke stacks and 9 inches of lift. im hoping this looney tune will help the ol ford get up and go and smoke like the ol dodge.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum...

You can get a good bit of power out of the 6.0 but just like your Cummins, don't forget the head studs... Let's face it, even the Duramax guys know to stud the heads... I mean 18 to 1 compression and 30 + lbs of boost... I'm surprised that these diesels don't come from the factory with studs...

Ken....

#6 ·
ok. the kitty and muff fell of and i did the zoodad. that helps a bit and sounds better too. the downpipe is 3.5 right? should i get a turbo back exhaust so i have the bigger downpipe? or is the stock exhaust minus the 2 lost parts just as good? i also called and talked to vivian at dj's and next week im getting the sct tuner. this site has been a huge help with the new truck.:D

#8 ·
:welcome1: to the org! That SCT will definitely wake that beast up! Oh, and don't forget your gauges...

BTW, post up some pics when you have a minute... :D

#9 ·
Welcome to the .org!! Sounds like you are on the right track bud!!! Glad to have you here!

#10 ·
you wont be disappointed with power output of a modded 6.0 :)
do the standard things such as : studs, t/b exhaust, kitty delete, gauges, SCT (only an sct, no other brand), and gauges. the looney is not a waste, i personally run tunes from SPARTAN DIESEL and LOVE them.
tranny mods: get a good billet 3 disc low stall converter. such as the ats 5star or banks as an example. they are overpriced, i use one from D/P products but dont pay more than about 12-1300 for it.
also my internal clutch frictions and steels are upgraded too to handle the extra power.

#11 ·
well im on the way. gauges are going in on monday exhaust should be on next week. im miss the stacks from the dodge so im gonna do a set on the ford. what kind of power can i run until i have to worry about trans mods? man i love this site.

#12 ·
Great job, man! 500 HP should be safe. We have folks that are in the high 400's with the stock tranny... :thumb:

#13 ·
Welcome to the site. Looks like you are on the right track

#16 ·
Welcome Aboard The ORG!! Glad to have ya back and converted to a PSD!! You are on the rite track. That PSD will come alive when ya go looney! That tune is CRAZY!! Upgrade the down pipe for sure!! Any more mods yer gonna have to beef up that tranny for sure and get them heads studded!! I can tell yer gonna be needing it done for security!! :thumb:
Get them pics up when ya can!!

#18 ·
Hi,

Thank you so much for considering us and I assure you, the Looney will not be a waste :bluewink: Just didn't like the expression so I thought I'd reinforce.

I remember speaking with you and am glad you chose a Powerstroke!

Thanks & have a great evening,
Vivian

#19 ·
:thumb:eek:k my 4" turbo back exhaust is on. gauges are all on. im ordering sct friday and saturday its going in for studs and stacks.:thumb: i notice driving this truck that WOW its very very laggy. what gives? will the tuner help with that? other then that i completely love this truck.

#20 ·
the tuner will help a bit, especially now that you are straight piped. you will always have some lag, you just need to learn how to minimize it with driving style.
it's always better to roll into the throttle instead of just mashing it from a stop, this helps big time with lag.
you can always power brake a little too when the situation requires it, but in those situations, the 4by button comes in handy cause traction is nonexistent when launching under boost :)

#21 ·
well im learning a ton on this site and have a few more questions. when i did studs on the cummins i just took one bolt out and put one stud in its place, i never removed the head. alot of dodge guys do it this way. will it work on the ford? also im running the triple dog for now till i get the sct tuner. what are some hp numbers with the sct compared to the trilpe dog. the dog on the extreme setting really makes this thing fly will i be more impressed with the sct? thanks alot guys

#23 ·
Welcome aboard!

#24 ·
owell. i guess its the long way to do it. id rather do it right the first time. so anyone know the hp numbers with the sct tuners?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.