NEW GUY NEEDS HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 04:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW GUY NEEDS HELP

wow this is a great site and truely helpful. i just got rid of my 05 cummins and a ton of mods and got an 06 f250. love it but lacking the cummins grunt. i just ordered full gauges and now im wondering what next? im gonna ditch the kitty and muffler and order a dj's tune ( u guys really love this man ). so what intake should i do? and trans mods? i wanna run the looney tune i think and i know its wasting money and poitnless but i would like to see this truck smoke like my cummins and have the power to back it up. any and all help would be great. thanks alot guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

From what everyone says the stock intake on the 6.0s is good up to about 500 hp. Water/meth injection is a good addition. Cant help with the tranny I don't know much about them.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:48 AM

not to hi-jack the thread...... (besides the obvious reasons) why did u turn into a Ford man from a "modded" dodge?, those babies are powerhouses
Old 10-05-2007, 08:25 AM

well it was lifted and i was sick of bouncing around all the time. i have had lifted trucks the last 15 years and i figure i would try the cadi escalde ext. BIG MISTAKE. dumped that for a silverado gasser and just missed the diesel and lifted truck. so i got this ford. i have had 2 other ford sd in the past never the powerstroke though. i really loved the dodge tons of power but the interior sucked and i always loved my fords. i just hope i can get the performance up on this. the dodge had injectors, triple dog with crazy larry, studs, sps 66 turbo, smoke stacks and 9 inches of lift. im hoping this looney tune will help the ol ford get up and go and smoke like the ol dodge.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum...

You can get a good bit of power out of the 6.0 but just like your Cummins, don't forget the head studs... Let's face it, even the Duramax guys know to stud the heads... I mean 18 to 1 compression and 30 + lbs of boost... I'm surprised that these diesels don't come from the factory with studs...

Ken....
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM

ok. the kitty and muff fell of and i did the zoodad. that helps a bit and sounds better too. the downpipe is 3.5 right? should i get a turbo back exhaust so i have the bigger downpipe? or is the stock exhaust minus the 2 lost parts just as good? i also called and talked to vivian at dj's and next week im getting the sct tuner. this site has been a huge help with the new truck.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
im fat and ugly

yesah go with a 4" turbo back, you will get plenty of smoke and power out of that looney
Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
to the org! That SCT will definitely wake that beast up! Oh, and don't forget your gauges...

BTW, post up some pics when you have a minute...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Welcome to the .org!! Sounds like you are on the right track bud!!! Glad to have you here!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned

you wont be disappointed with power output of a modded 6.0
do the standard things such as : studs, t/b exhaust, kitty delete, gauges, SCT (only an sct, no other brand), and gauges. the looney is not a waste, i personally run tunes from SPARTAN DIESEL and LOVE them.
tranny mods: get a good billet 3 disc low stall converter. such as the ats 5star or banks as an example. they are overpriced, i use one from D/P products but dont pay more than about 12-1300 for it.
also my internal clutch frictions and steels are upgraded too to handle the extra power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.