How to pull my 6.0 on Vivian's looney track file??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How to pull my 6.0 on Vivian's looney track file???

Never done it before I am not deleted or studded but she says her looney track is safe for non studded trucks has anyone pulled with this file before? Also how do I start out what gear 4 hi or low never done it before so all info will be great!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Your going to want to do it just as you would with any tunes...

You'll want to be in 4 hi.. MAke sure you engage 4hi before you get to the line.. Usually what i'll do.. Is I'll have a few mph roll going, 2-3mph.. slip into neutral, click into 4hi, then back to drive... (Rolling helps the t-case smoothly engage).. That way when you line up you know your engaged..

Before you line up, watch a few runs, so you can get used to the lights, the speed of the drop.. and how the lights light up as you pull up to the line...

Here at our local track.. You've got a light that lets you know your almost at the line.. Then you creep up just a little more.. and your at the line and the lights begin to drop..

You will want to pull up to when that first light comes on.. and then hold your brakes and slowly start building your boost (Something you need to practice before you get to the track) Don't try and just floor it to get your boost up.. That does you know good.. Should take you 5-7 seconds to get your boost up to where your planning on launching at... Then just ease of the brakes ever so slightly to creep forward, without loosing your boost (Something you should also practice, because you'll only need to move 3" inches or so.. you don't want to let them off to much and red light) once you creep forward and the light drops, Let go of the brake and get the skinny pedal to the floor and hang on tight. Look straight forward, don't look at your gauges.. use your peripherals to see your gauges.. You want to focus on making sure your going straight down the track.. Its easy to let the truck drift off the launch and next thing you know you'll be in the wall.

One thing i've noticed with my truck is that it reacts better to me not smashing the pedal down off the launch, but to rather ease it to the floor.. You don't wanna mash it and just over-fuel.... I've found a relative good speed of getting it to the floor is better for my truck.. But yours may be different.. who knows..
Old 06-09-2012, 07:39 PM

In addition with a 2nd thought...

The reason you want to let your boost build up a little bit slower, is because it'll allow you to have more pedal once it starts.. if you've got your pedal over half-way down just to have your boost at 14-15psi.. your not gonna be as god off IMO...

Others may disagree.. But Thats my method And I like it..

Im all stock with just an intake 4" exhaust with an SCT tuner and I was running constant 14.9's without really pushing the boost launch..

I was launching around 14lbs.. I could probably have pushed it to 18-20.. But Idk how my gaskets would fair after that sense im running about as wild of a tune as it gets for a non-studded truck.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Ok I will try that idl if I can get boost that high vivians files have me showing low boost compared to stock at 2000 rpm cruising 70-75 mph I only have like 3-5 psi if I hammer it I see 25 is that normal for custom tunes or should I see if she can turn the boost up sooner? It not like I have a loss of power the truck hauls a** but wasn't sure if that's normal? Also when building boost should my egt's rise pretty fast?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboy8769 View Post
Ok I will try that idl if I can get boost that high vivians files have me showing low boost compared to stock at 2000 rpm cruising 70-75 mph I only have like 3-5 psi if I hammer it I see 25 is that normal for custom tunes or should I see if she can turn the boost up sooner? It not like I have a loss of power the truck hauls a** but wasn't sure if that's normal? Also when building boost should my egt's rise pretty fast?

Thats about normal... Its all about practice with building boost... And 25 is normal for a non studded tune. And yes your egt's will rise quickly... You will see your highest egts on the track... But quicknbursts are not that bad... Just let your turbo cool down before shutting it down after a run... I usually just leave the truck running between runs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM

Well I just tried to stage my truck today. I guess that's what it's called I was on asphalt and I broke the tires loose before even 10lbs of boost with the brakes to the floor. Could my turbo be broken seizing anything could that be why my boost numbers are so low cruising

Old 06-15-2012, 08:44 PM

I was maybe 7 lbs and the tires broke loose I was easing into the throttle also

Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
might want to check your brakes. they should hold every tire. did you notice if one tire was spinning before another or if all lit up at the same time? i would definitely check the brake system though.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 PM

I wasn't in 4x4 and the back 2 lit up same time

Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That may have been the problem try it in 4 hi and see what happens. most of you breaking power is in the front wheels and may need the help of the front drive system to keep them from rotating. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.