PHP vs IDP FICM tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP vs IDP FICM tuning

They both claim similar gains. They both claim to return your FICM to an older better flash. $100 price difference but with the PHP your getting monitoring capabilities from the Gryphon. The PHP says 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Is there really a difference in performance/mileage gains? 4-6 weeks is a long time. I know many of you are using PHP. Not sure if that's because of the Gryphon and its extra features or the tuning is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Honestly, I couldnt favor the PHP gryphon anymore, its WELL worth the wait, for the price, and quality its unbeatable. 4 tunes, and monitoring capabilities alone are worth the money.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Premium Member

PHPs old tune was just a rollbak with some minor tweaks.....The new tunes are putting down same numbers as ECM tuners and can be stacked with them.

Oh snap, now we're stacking
Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Serving Our Country!

I'm interested in the responses here as I am interested in getting a FICM tune.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsland View Post
They both claim similar gains. They both claim to return your FICM to an older better flash. $100 price difference but with the PHP your getting monitoring capabilities from the Gryphon. The PHP says 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Is there really a difference in performance/mileage gains? 4-6 weeks is a long time. I know many of you are using PHP. Not sure if that's because of the Gryphon and its extra features or the tuning is better.
4-6 weeks to have a Gryphon FICM programmer sent to your house. It only took a week to get mine.

I have the Gryphon programmer, it hold 4 tunes. Has monitor capabilities, read/clear codes, performance data log, and can be used to roll back your stock ECM if you wish.

From what I've read about ID's, it comes with one tune and if you want to try a different tune, you will need to load in another tune using PC software in order to try it. Maybe someone can chime in with the loading procedure of ID's. IIRC, it can read/clear codes.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

I run the PHP FICM tuner everyday. I run the Hercules FICM tuner along with the SCT tuner and Matt's SRL tune. I love the FICM tuner!! It made a world of difference! Well worth the money in my opinion!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg_064 View Post
Oh snap, now we're stacking
haha!!! Good one
Old 06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I debated for the longest time on whether to go with PHP or IDP. I went with IDP because I didnt have to wait 12 weeks for a tuner and this was when PHP had only their one tune. The IDP tune that I have works good and all but I really want to try PHP's new tunes out so I am gonna buy a tuner and try them out and will be able to tell you if I notice any difference.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 PM

I just got my FICM reflashed to Atlas80 (send it in for a check up and refresh, and free updated flash). I have to say world of a difference. As soon as i can swing the 400 for the PHP tuner, ill have one, i expect it on my doorstep in the next month or 2
Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
4-6 weeks to have a Gryphon FICM programmer sent to your house. It only took a week to get mine.

I have the Gryphon programmer, it hold 4 tunes. Has monitor capabilities, read/clear codes, performance data log, and can be used to roll back your stock ECM if you wish.

From what I've read about ID's, it comes with one tune and if you want to try a different tune, you will need to load in another tune using PC software in order to try it. Maybe someone can chime in with the loading procedure of ID's. IIRC, it can read/clear codes.
can you monitor stuff like FICM voltage as well. Currently i have boost, egt, fuel pressure. Wanted to use the Gryphon to monitor EOT vs ECT and ficm voltages?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.