Help on edge uninstall - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help on edge uninstall

So Ive decided to ditch the edge programmer. It came with the truck when I bought it. I want to take it off and sell it and make the switch to SCT and a cts. I hate removing or uninstalling thing I didn't install so is there any advice or help anyone can give. It's juice with attitude. Is the unit easy to install? If I had the directions tht came with it I could manage but I'm lost. And tips would be much appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Make sure it is on the stock tune before you remove it so you can pull it with the sct and save it. I do not know how to use the attitude but just wanted to let you know what I have read many times.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM
The Silent Service

You'll find the installation instructions on the Edge website:

Edge Products| Installation

Good luck with the uninstall.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the help. It's a 5 stage on the fly. So by stock I guess yOu mean to just turn it down to stock? You would think it shouldn't matter that once its removed it is stock. I'll have to read up on that .
Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The Silent Service

I'd consider it more of a precautionary measure to return it to stock before starting the removal process. As its a interceptor of signals and doesn't write to the ECM if I understand the Edge product correctly.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Ok gotcha. I mean I've been getting about 20 mpg running on level 4 as my daily driver just not happy they any of the power unless its on 5 extreme. I can't tell a difference between 0 and 4 really. Maybe you could in an auto but I feel it's just a waste. So time to get some good custom tunes for my truck. Who knows it might seem like I've been driving a slug after I get the sct
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM

I have the edge attitude and 1-3 is very noticable 1 is mpg 2 is tow 3 is drive. I keep mine in 3 drive mode spools up a lot quicker. But amyway i dont blame you im going to uninstall mine as well so i can get SCT
Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 PM

Well I have a 6spd. You might feel a seat of the pants between 1 and 3. A tiny bit on 4 and level 5 is a little hotter. The way edge has it labeled mpg, tow,drive, race, extreme is stupid. All it is is the level of power. It doesn't mean level 2 is a tow tune because it's not. Edge doesn't tune the trans or anything. It's just a safer level to tow on. Maybe you guys with the automatics putting it to th floor can feel a difference. If feel the 5 stages is a waste because if your gonna run hard I bet 99.9 percent of you up it to 5 and then bring it back down when your done horse playing. I want a safer bad *** custom tune I can run 100 percent of the time! I think the edge power is sloppy IMO but some may like it. Idk why for the money it's way to expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.