Fuel System upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel System upgrade

I'm overseas again making some extra cash to upgrade my PSD. My next big job will be upgrading the ful system, I been thinking in the Driven Diesel 6.0L Regulated Return Kit, AirDog II system and Sinister Fuel Tank Sump Kit.

Anyone using this kits? And what else is recomended for the fuel system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-27-2012, 06:14 AM
BACKYARDIGAN


 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 4,697
Thanks: 29
Thanked 93 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you get the AD2, you could just scratch off the RR kit. I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your truck as far as larger injectors go. I personally would scratch the AD2 and get an AD150 to feed your stocker, use this sump you mention here, and get a RR kit from either Strictly Diesel or Dozer's Diesel. JMO and hope it helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes there are a fair amount of combinations to do and most work well. Just search the forums and chose the flavor you prefer. For me I chose an AD2, larger fuel lines, fuel sump, RR (which I built myself so it only cost me the price of the regulator and my theory was to keep a higher flow going thru the AD2 thinking it will live longer), dumped the OEM pump and engine mounted filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,983
Thanks: 4
Thanked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run the ADII, sump, new fuel lines eliminating all of the oem fuel system. I let the ADII regulate the system with no other regulator involved. Works great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Yes there are a fair amount of combinations to do and most work well. Just search the forums and chose the flavor you prefer. For me I chose an AD2, larger fuel lines, fuel sump, RR (which I built myself so it only cost me the price of the regulator and my theory was to keep a higher flow going thru the AD2 thinking it will live longer), dumped the OEM pump and engine mounted filter.
So you pretty much have the system i describe, How does it work for you? Any increase in HP? Fuel efficiancy? How is the AD2, lots of psd guys are reporting bad pump, any issues with yours?

Later upgrade will be bigger turbo and bigger injectors..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bucks County PA
Posts: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I run the ADII, sump, new fuel lines eliminating all of the oem fuel system. I let the ADII regulate the system with no other regulator involved. Works great.
Your doing basically what i plan on doing, have AD2/sump sitting in my living room now. from the pump to the tank will be bigger lines, but my project after the pump is installed is the removal of the factory lines pump forward.

My 2 questions for you, first do you have photos of what you did for the lines in the engine bay, and did you run lines to the back of the heads. and two what do you have your pressure set at on the AD2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtcbmw View Post
Your doing basically what i plan on doing, have AD2/sump sitting in my living room now.
Your wife must love truck parts in your living room. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bucks County PA
Posts: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Your wife must love truck parts in your living room. LOL
Yeah not happy. lol But i have truck parts all over the house, my trophy pieces (piston, valves from when i dropped a valve) are sitting in our room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerRican View Post
So you pretty much have the system i describe, How does it work for you? Any increase in HP? Fuel efficiancy? How is the AD2, lots of psd guys are reporting bad pump, any issues with yours?

Later upgrade will be bigger turbo and bigger injectors..
Minor fuel economy improvement with only a couple psi drop at WOT. I've had zero issues with mine and know a lot of guys that have a similar setup that also have had zero issues. I know the early AD2 version seemed to be questionable in some setups. As I've stated before, my only reason for even putting a RR was to maintain a consistent flow rate thru the pump from idle to highway driving and when compared to the same year engine and setup without the RR my pump was noticeably quieter. This may or my not be related to my setup IDK. I just know at work our huge positive displacement pumps that last the longest are the ones with a fairly flatline flow going thru them and the ones that are internally regulated only (similar to the AD2) have a higher failure rate. Just a theory mind you, but one that seems to be working out so far for me and a few guys that have the exact same setup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Minor fuel economy improvement with only a couple psi drop at WOT. I've had zero issues with mine and know a lot of guys that have a similar setup that also have had zero issues. I know the early AD2 version seemed to be questionable in some setups. As I've stated before, my only reason for even putting a RR was to maintain a consistent flow rate thru the pump from idle to highway driving and when compared to the same year engine and setup without the RR my pump was noticeably quieter. This may or my not be related to my setup IDK. I just know at work our huge positive displacement pumps that last the longest are the ones with a fairly flatline flow going thru them and the ones that are internally regulated only (similar to the AD2) have a higher failure rate. Just a theory mind you, but one that seems to be working out so far for me and a few guys that have the exact same setup.
Thank you, I think I going with the ADII, RR and sump.. A soon as I get back to the states I will update with numbers and information.. Thanks for the help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors