Fuel System upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel System upgrade

I'm overseas again making some extra cash to upgrade my PSD. My next big job will be upgrading the ful system, I been thinking in the Driven Diesel 6.0L Regulated Return Kit, AirDog II system and Sinister Fuel Tank Sump Kit.

Anyone using this kits? And what else is recomended for the fuel system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 06:14 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you get the AD2, you could just scratch off the RR kit. I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your truck as far as larger injectors go. I personally would scratch the AD2 and get an AD150 to feed your stocker, use this sump you mention here, and get a RR kit from either Strictly Diesel or Dozer's Diesel. JMO and hope it helps.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes there are a fair amount of combinations to do and most work well. Just search the forums and chose the flavor you prefer. For me I chose an AD2, larger fuel lines, fuel sump, RR (which I built myself so it only cost me the price of the regulator and my theory was to keep a higher flow going thru the AD2 thinking it will live longer), dumped the OEM pump and engine mounted filter.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run the ADII, sump, new fuel lines eliminating all of the oem fuel system. I let the ADII regulate the system with no other regulator involved. Works great.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Yes there are a fair amount of combinations to do and most work well. Just search the forums and chose the flavor you prefer. For me I chose an AD2, larger fuel lines, fuel sump, RR (which I built myself so it only cost me the price of the regulator and my theory was to keep a higher flow going thru the AD2 thinking it will live longer), dumped the OEM pump and engine mounted filter.
So you pretty much have the system i describe, How does it work for you? Any increase in HP? Fuel efficiancy? How is the AD2, lots of psd guys are reporting bad pump, any issues with yours?

Later upgrade will be bigger turbo and bigger injectors..
Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I run the ADII, sump, new fuel lines eliminating all of the oem fuel system. I let the ADII regulate the system with no other regulator involved. Works great.
Your doing basically what i plan on doing, have AD2/sump sitting in my living room now. from the pump to the tank will be bigger lines, but my project after the pump is installed is the removal of the factory lines pump forward.

My 2 questions for you, first do you have photos of what you did for the lines in the engine bay, and did you run lines to the back of the heads. and two what do you have your pressure set at on the AD2?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtcbmw View Post
Your doing basically what i plan on doing, have AD2/sump sitting in my living room now.
Your wife must love truck parts in your living room. LOL
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Your wife must love truck parts in your living room. LOL
Yeah not happy. lol But i have truck parts all over the house, my trophy pieces (piston, valves from when i dropped a valve) are sitting in our room
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerRican View Post
So you pretty much have the system i describe, How does it work for you? Any increase in HP? Fuel efficiancy? How is the AD2, lots of psd guys are reporting bad pump, any issues with yours?

Later upgrade will be bigger turbo and bigger injectors..
Minor fuel economy improvement with only a couple psi drop at WOT. I've had zero issues with mine and know a lot of guys that have a similar setup that also have had zero issues. I know the early AD2 version seemed to be questionable in some setups. As I've stated before, my only reason for even putting a RR was to maintain a consistent flow rate thru the pump from idle to highway driving and when compared to the same year engine and setup without the RR my pump was noticeably quieter. This may or my not be related to my setup IDK. I just know at work our huge positive displacement pumps that last the longest are the ones with a fairly flatline flow going thru them and the ones that are internally regulated only (similar to the AD2) have a higher failure rate. Just a theory mind you, but one that seems to be working out so far for me and a few guys that have the exact same setup.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Minor fuel economy improvement with only a couple psi drop at WOT. I've had zero issues with mine and know a lot of guys that have a similar setup that also have had zero issues. I know the early AD2 version seemed to be questionable in some setups. As I've stated before, my only reason for even putting a RR was to maintain a consistent flow rate thru the pump from idle to highway driving and when compared to the same year engine and setup without the RR my pump was noticeably quieter. This may or my not be related to my setup IDK. I just know at work our huge positive displacement pumps that last the longest are the ones with a fairly flatline flow going thru them and the ones that are internally regulated only (similar to the AD2) have a higher failure rate. Just a theory mind you, but one that seems to be working out so far for me and a few guys that have the exact same setup.
Thank you, I think I going with the ADII, RR and sump.. A soon as I get back to the states I will update with numbers and information.. Thanks for the help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.