My mad stage 1 review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My mad stage 1 review

Heys guys

I just got my Adrain(madpowerstroke)turbo installed on Friday. So bare with me this is my review so far.

So the day I started it up I said wow this is quite compared to my 03 turbo, I pulled out of the shop drive way and to myself the pedal is more toucher and not a bad thing. So I drove around a little bit and said to myself(again) I don't see much difference but in the drivability besides the pedal. I wasn't impressed that much, so it was parked for the night.

So today has arrived and I get in the truck and get going and i said, now I can start to feel that the turbo is starting to learn like Adrian said it would. I started driving and I said wow very easy pedal for easy boost(nice). Drove to Evansville maybe 20 miles of non stop driving, egts were around 650 at 65 with the outside temp of 95+.

So I finally get back to town where I could get on it where it gets more powerful than the first day. First time I got on it I watched the tach and speedo, and speedo climbed fast. So next run I watched my egts and smoke, let me remind you it was 95+ out today plus humidity , so when I got on it going all the way to 80mph it hit 1400egts. I didn't think that was bad at all do to the outside temp and humility. So now onto the smoke, I floored it and it shot out a nice haze(kind of black) but cleared up to a haze under wot(under wide open throttle). It would clear up completely around 2700k than shift when it needed to and go back to a haze. I don't think there is anything wrong with the haze And i think it should get better as I drive it more.

So far I'm very happy with the turbo, I can't wait till it has relearned itself with my truck it should be a nice upgrade to what I was running.

I hope this feed back helps you guys and I will continue to report on it.

I do have one question though. My vgt% is 5-7% lower than the 03 turbo. Is my vgt sensor going bad or do you think its the difference in the turbos?

Thanks guys brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 AM

Does it feel any stronger, get to 75 mph any faster, seat of the pants meter is fine.

d
Old 05-27-2012, 04:17 AM

godo review, as for your VGT question it could be something they are seeing with the 4088 in that the vanes are opening up more to release the extra drive pressure. A question I have for you is what is your strategy?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^x2

I see the same thing with my Stage 1. I am a firm believer that the ECM is seeing something that is higher than the OEM turbo was and is opening the vanes (i.e. lower "VGT %") to limit the amount of boost that is being produced.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:21 AM

I can't see a boost reading from the MAP doing this but I could be wrong. I would think either a reading from the MAF or the increased pressure on the EBP sensor would do this. since increased air in is also increased air out or pressure on the EBP sensor. I wonder what this turbo would do on a 05 that doesn't have a MAF only a IAT1 sensor.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:29 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

I dont think it is the boost reading from the MAP, some think it is the increased air flow being seen by the MAF and it could be the EBP because of the slightly larger compressor wheel.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 AM

the first time i got on it and i thought the seat of pants feel that it was slower. So i drove around some more and got on it again and i could tell that it was getting faster. So to aweser your question yes i can now start to tell a differnece in the butt-o-meter.

Guys my strategy is VXBC9N8
Old 05-27-2012, 06:44 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Good deal man. Glad to hear you are liking it so far.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Making ported intakes

1400 egt is pretty high at 80mph. Were you towing a house or something? Lol

And
Compared to stock, can you feel a noticeable increase in hp from low to top end?
Old 05-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by U235a4 View Post
I can't see a boost reading from the MAP doing this but I could be wrong. I would think either a reading from the MAF or the increased pressure on the EBP sensor would do this. since increased air in is also increased air out or pressure on the EBP sensor. I wonder what this turbo would do on a 05 that doesn't have a MAF only a IAT1 sensor.

The 05 doesn't have a MAF but it does have the IAT2 sensor. I will be able to answer the MAF question since I don't have one but I'll be strapping on the Stage 3 Big Boy and trying to resolve the tuning issues with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.