Edge Insight CTS monitoring capabilities - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Insight CTS monitoring capabilities

Ok so I'm looking at getting the edge cts and sct sf3 combo from mkm customs I want to know if it comes with everything needed to monitor ect and eot I know the egt probe is seperate. Also what would I need for the sct livewire it comes with the egt probe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Both egt probe are separate. I own a livewire and I suggest sct sf3 and edge insight combo
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
Both egt probe are separate. I own a livewire and I suggest sct sf3 and edge insight combo
Well a mkm customs the livewire comes with the probe. But why don't u like the livewire. The insight definitley looks better but have u had any problems with it?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM

Well if it gets really hot fom sitting in the sun you can't see the screen until it cools down. But I park under trees and keep visors in my windows and that keeps that from happening. But with the edge insight you can monitor things you can with the livewire. For now at least. Like ficm voltage. I think fuel pressure as well. Plus you have to manually turn it on and off. And you can put a backup camera to the insight which would be good if you don't have a tv radio. I personally want to get a edge insight cs so I can mount it to the the dash and I will look more neat. Plus the livewire is bulky. But I found a good spot to mount it. I forget what page I posted pics but if you are going to end up going with the livewire I would surely post the pics on this page for you. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the info I think I'm gonna go with the insight I definetly want to monitor fuel pressure. Don't want the injectors going out on me that's way too expensive haha
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM

Don't quote me on fuel pressure monitoring but like I said I'm almost positive. I will ask someone on here. I know a bunch of guys on here are running that setup.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Don't quote me on fuel pressure monitoring but like I said I'm almost positive. I will ask someone on here. I know a bunch of guys on here are running that setup.
I know that u can monitor it from the edge for sure I just don't know if u need to buy the eas chord for that seperate or if it comes with it.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogers7870 View Post
I know that u can monitor it from the edge for sure I just don't know if u need to buy the eas chord for that seperate or if it comes with it.
Did you mean egt? And I am pretty sure the probe is separate. But i suggest calling MKM or wherever you buy from and ask them before purchasing. If it doesn't I'm sure they will add it for a package deal. If you have to buy it separate it might cost a tab bit more.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 AM

Btw when I talked to sct they told me the livewire is suppose to monitor fuel pressure but I can't get it. I'm thinking it might now read it for a 6.0
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Btw when I talked to sct they told me the livewire is suppose to monitor fuel pressure but I can't get it. I'm thinking it might now read it for a 6.0
I think you can measure fuel rail pressure, you can't measure fuel pressure without an expandable fp probe for the insight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant temp, edge cts, oil temp, tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.