IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass

I just want you guys to know that IPR Innovative Performance Research Innovative Performance Research has finished testing and is currently producing our coolant filters.
This filter is the only one the in the market that can be used as a full flow filter, this will allow you to install it inline on the heater hose and filter 100% of the coolant that runs through the heater hose which is much more effective in contamination filtration than anything out in the market. You can also use it as a bypass filteration by using a T connector, however if you choose this route the coolant filter as a bypass it would be less effective and will require you to run a return hose to the opposite side of the heater core return hose. I do not recommend this as it takes more time and more hoses to install. For some of you who may be concerned that filter may completely plug up, this would not cause any issues if the filter was to completely plug, you would only lose heated coolant going to your heater core = no heater.

IPR's High Flow Coolant Filter is fully serviceable, the filter can be fully
dissassembled and washed with any conventional degreaser or solvent.
The filter element is stainless steel and features magnet in the bottom center of the element. The magnet attracts metallic particles such as corroded cast iron from your engine block that has separated. The magnetic design was implemented to extend filter service intervals, it allows the filter element to trap sand and non metallic particles while most of the metallic particles stay on the bottom of the filter element bonded on the magnet.

IPR's High Flow Coolant Filter is much more effective because IPR uses 3/4" hoses. IPR has seen many coolant bypass kits in the last 2 years and have refuse to develop a product that is minimally effective using only small 1/4 or 3/8 heater hose. Most of these other bypass filtration kits on the market uses a Baldwin filter with a 1/8 orifice.

IPR's High Flow Coolant Filtration out flows anything in the market by 83%!!!

Pricing is set to be about $239 and is unconfirmed at this time. Product will be available for sale by end of June 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass-img_5703.jpg   IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass-img_5702.jpg   IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass-img_5711.jpg   IPR High Flow Coolant Filter Not Another Bypass-imag0038.jpg  

Last edited by turbo60; 05-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 AM

IPR will be offering a bracket to bolt the coolant filter onto the alternator mount as well. The cuurent bracket is designed to be mounted on the inner fender since this accommodates IPR External Oil Cooler Kit
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like the idea Vince but in reality it's still a bypass filter since the heater circuit is a bypass circuit from the main cooling circuit and this only really functions if water is circulating through the heater core. The pricing looks attractive and it looks like a nice alternative to the filters currently out there. Good luck with it.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I like the idea Vince but in reality it's still a bypass filter since the heater circuit is a bypass circuit from the main cooling circuit and this only really functions if water is circulating through the heater core. The pricing looks attractive and it looks like a nice alternative to the filters currently out there. Good luck with it.
You're absolutley right about it still be a bypass to some extent, I totally forgot about the fact that I was referring to full flow if it was used in our external oil cooler kit.

Just to clarify, this coolant filter can be used as a full flow only if you run the return line to the heater core return hose. Installing it inline without the return line would dead head the flow at the heater valve if the heater was not being used.

Also to not mislead anyone, flow flow means full flow through the heater hose not the entire engine as PGreenSVT quoted :it's still bypass filter since the heater circuit is a bypass circuit from the main cooling circuit and this only really functions if water is circulating through the heater core:

In comparison if we want to get technical, other kits is a bypass of a bypass from the heater hose.
IPR's High Flow Coolant Filter is bypass from the main coolant system of the engine, however it does filter 100% of the coolant flowing through the heater hose. There is a quite a bit of flow coming from that hose so the filtration is very effective.

Last edited by turbo60; 05-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not meant to DIS your product Vince. Just thought I would voice my observations. I think it is a great idea and no doubt will out perform any of the other coolant filters out there. Best of luck with it.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Not meant to DIS your product Vince. Just thought I would voice my observations. I think it is a great idea and no doubt will out perform any of the other coolant filters out there. Best of luck with it.
Not at all, sometime I overlook what I'm posting. As you know I've been real busy doing development work on the External Oil Cooler Kit and I get them mixed up and forget that this coolant filter will be used separately. Good observation.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo60 View Post
Not at all, sometime I overlook what I'm posting. As you know I've been real busy doing development work on the External Oil Cooler Kit and I get them mixed up and forget that this coolant filter will be used separately. Good observation.
I want one!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The only time the heater valve is closed is when you select Max AC.
So unless you always use Max AC you will still have coolant circulating through the heater core (and IPR HF filter) even when you have the normal AC on full cold.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'd like to try one of these.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
I'd like to try one of these.
Ill be doing the same, My bypass is often in the way and looks ugly LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.