6.0 FICM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking 6.0 FICM

I just have a few simple questions if someone can help. I'm getting very serious about getting the hand help flash device from PHP and uploading either the Atlas 40 or Atlas 80. I have no previous engine mods so this would be the first. so the question is do I need to add or replace anything on the engine before doing the FICM?

Also I'm not looking for a drag racing machine, just a little more *** and quicker reaction time. will the Atlas 40 give me this or will I not notice much because its to close to stock?

And last, how hard is this to install your self? from what I've heard its like a simple plug in, hit a button and done you're good to go. is that true and if not how is it done?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 AM

I have a swamps 58 v with a race tune and the truck currently has no runner its get fix by sct so I been running it and its a good diffrence than stock better throttle its nothing like a custom tuned tuner but is def a step up from stock as far as mods to my knowledge I wouldn't think with the power u get out of it would have to make hit changes. But there stock trucks blowing egr coolers everyday I'm sure more ppl with knowledge will post up for u
Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM

yea I'm hoping so. this is something I'm starting to get very interested in and really wanting to do, just need a little more knowledge and understanding before I make the leap. thanks for the help and like I said hopefully some one will come along and post and know alot about it to help me out
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

I will be getting my PHP FICM tuner on Tues, I will let you know.

I have heard nothing but good things about the FICM tuners so thats what pursuaded me to buy one.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2elvis View Post
I will be getting my PHP FICM tuner on Tues, I will let you know.

I have heard nothing but good things about the FICM tuners so thats what pursuaded me to buy one.
great thank you! what tune are you getting from them? and good luck!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:35 PM

subscribed... this will be my next purchase as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have the ficm tune and noticed the atlas 40 is the best when running with a sct tune. Helps out a lot on throttle response.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
And good luck trying to get a hold of Php for any support they are horrible at getting back to you. Fact!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAWG714 View Post
I have the ficm tune and noticed the atlas 40 is the best when running with a sct tune. Helps out a lot on throttle response.
so in other words maybe I should go straight for the atlas 80 tune?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06DieforDiesel View Post
I just have a few simple questions if someone can help. I'm getting very serious about getting the hand help flash device from PHP and uploading either the Atlas 40 or Atlas 80. I have no previous engine mods so this would be the first. so the question is do I need to add or replace anything on the engine before doing the FICM?

Also I'm not looking for a drag racing machine, just a little more *** and quicker reaction time. will the Atlas 40 give me this or will I not notice much because its to close to stock?

And last, how hard is this to install your self? from what I've heard its like a simple plug in, hit a button and done you're good to go. is that true and if not how is it done?

Thanks in advance
You have choices here, you can send in your FICM and have PHP load on a FICM tune for you, but you won't be able to try the other tunes.

The second choice is to put your name on a waiting list to borrow PHP's remote FICM programmer. You will have 4 tunes to choose from and try each one out before you send the programmer back to PHP.

The third choice is to buy PHP's Gryphon FICM programmer ($400), and this one you get to keep. You will be able to swap in/out any of the four FICM tunes as much as you want or to suit your needs. So if your gonna tow you can use the Econ or Atlas 40 and if your gonna beat on it the Atlas 80 or Hercules.

Bill has stated that the Atlas 80 and Hercules adds HP to a stock truck (no ECM tuning), the down fall is that your trans will not be tuned to handle the extra power if you choose to beat on the truck.

To load either the remote programmer or the one you keep. Remove the FICM relay, follow the on screen instructions, choose your FICM power, download takes about 30sec, after downloaded you re-install FICM relay. The whole process takes about 2-3 minutes at the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.