6.0 Parts list! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Parts list!

Ive done some researching on this forum and recently bought a 05 6.0 powerstroke. For my first post i was wanting to ask you guys if you think i need to add something or remove something from these parts to make this 6.0 a "Bulletproof" truck.

Edge Insight CTS-Pyro and Fuel Pressure
SCT x3
Blue Spring and 6.4 Banjo Bolts
AEM CAI
CFM Large Mouth
4in Straight Pipe
ARP Headstuds
Bulletproof diesel Fully Bullet Proof Package

Thanks Guys!!

Last edited by Stroke~This09; 05-15-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Premium Member

some people on here might give greif about the 6.4 banjo being a waist of money but the parts list looks great !
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unless your planning on adding nitrous or water/meth, you don't need the CFM+ intake elbow. Even if you do decide to run nitrous or W/M, you can drill and tap the stock elbow. You gain absolutely nothing from the aftermarket elbow...... No HP or MPG!! The air flow restriction is the intake manifold and/or if you have a late '04 motor then also the butterfly valve under the intake elbow. You can just remove the butterfly valve or buy a used '05 intake elbow.

So save your money for something else, the only gain from a aftermarket elbow is that it looks pretty.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok. Thanks for the input, that money towards the cfm will help go towards something else. Thanks for the quick responses too!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Make sure to use OEM headgaskets, not black onyx ones when you install ARP headstuds. The black onyx ones are prone to failure. Other than that, the list looks great. Welcome to the ORG!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok! And Thanks!! I was looking at diesel power mags 6.0 power recipe and it says a bypass coolant system from sinister. Is this a good kit to install or is it worth it?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke~This09 View Post
Ok! And Thanks!! I was looking at diesel power mags 6.0 power recipe and it says a bypass coolant system from sinister. Is this a good kit to install or is it worth it?
The Sinister Coolant Filter kit is good as well as the Diesel Site Coolant Filter kit. I've got the Diesel Site kit and really like it, however they both do the same thing. If you get one (which you should) make sure to get the optional ball valves. It makes changing the filter much more "hassle free".

Diesel Site Coolant Filter

EDIT: A few more things that I would consider getting (just whenever you can get to them) is upgrading the Cold CAC (intercooler pipe) to the "older style" metal pipe, which can be bought from Tousley Ford for around $117 including the boots (if I remember correctly). And doing a CCV mod to get rid of the crank case vapors running thru your intake system, mucking up your pipes and boots. And finally, maybe upgrading the STC fitting to a one piece instead of a multipiece one.

Last edited by Super Diesel; 05-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok, i will look into that, Last question on the edge does it monitor everything else besides the egt and fuel pressure. i know you have to buy expandible cables for those
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to kinda hijack but I have read several times where people are taking out the plastic intake tube and replacing it with the 03 style metal, Why?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke~This09 View Post
Ok, i will look into that, Last question on the edge does it monitor everything else besides the egt and fuel pressure. i know you have to buy expandible cables for those
Yep it sure does. The ONLY other thing that I know some guys get besides EGT and Fuel Pressure, for their Edge CTS - is a boost gauge. You can measure boost from the OBDII port, however there's talk that it's not very accurate if you're running a tune and/or if you're seeing it pull over 30psi.

I'm debating about getting a separate boost gauge or not myself. Hope that helps, sounds like you've done some great research! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.