MADPOWERSTROKE SHOCKING SECRET::::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MADPOWERSTROKE SHOCKING SECRET:::::

OK here it is,and if anyone wants to debate it it's ok,I was waiting for Dyno numbers to add to the fact.Now I was hoping for 500rwhp and little over numbers and yes they are possilble with stock injectors,due to two things.One the FICM tuning to get every drop out of fuel needed out of the injectors,and two air and lots of cool dense air(not boost psi).SHOCKER FOR DIESEL WORLD::::I have done alot of research and so here it is,DIESEL's love air the more air you can pump in the better,cool dense air,they will make crazy power and burn very effiecent.Diesel unlike their gasser counter part run better on air,diesel fuel has a very low detonation limit,if fact if one gets gasser to 15:1 ratio(15 air to 1 part fuel) which is limit for fuel without detonation,where diesel's run at idle as much as 50:1.If you hit 20:1 than rich back soot comes out of the exhaust,and EGT go hand in hand with it.So that's the shocker fuel should be used little as possilble and air used as much as possible.Not only do you get Power,low emissions,low egts and better fuel economy,just look at the threads here on a 03 daully getting 25-26 mpg at 70mph on freeway.(more air)My friend widrunner408 used this example and I liked it The simple truth is that diesels LOVE air more than they love diesel. Everyone thinks you have throw more diesel to get horse power but what is NOS?? NOS is nitrogen and oxygen. Nitrogen is inert (therefore does not burn or make power) and Oxygen is what causes the boom (so to speak) with diesel and guys can easily spray to over 500hp with stock injectors and all they are doing is adding in A LOT more Oxygen. Well a turbo can do something similar with more air. And what makes up air?? Nitrogen (~79%), Oxygen (~20%), and Argon (~1%). Well Nitrogen and Argon are inert (therefore dont burn and make power) and like NOS, compressing more air will put in more Oxygen and cause a cleaner burn, which means more CO2 is produced as opposed to CO (black smoke), therefore creating MORE POWER

Ok well that is text book answer. What no kidding is going down to make this happen is the Stage 2 simply flows A LOT more air than the stock turbo AND with a high performance tune (like the Looney or SPD or Xtreme X or ) AND PHP's Hercules FICM tune, you get just about every drop of fuel you can out of the injectors and into the cylinders, which is A LOT more fuel than is being delivered with stock ECM and FICM strategies; and BAM the motor starts making HIGH horse power numbers compared to stock.

So in summary you shoot in a sh!t load of air with ALL of the fuel that the stock injectors will flow and there you have it, a ~490rwhp ~970ft-lbs truck. Hope this helps explain it a little better for ya.
I will be breaking the 500rwhp very soon with this type of thinking and hope other turn their efforts to this way of thinking.As far as I'm concern I didn't invent anything,I took the knowlage that was out there from the diesel experts and used it to see what would happen and you are seeing it.I have developed new turbos that flow alot of air to support all this new way of thinking,and there will be alot more to come.I hope you guys enjoy the ride because I'm here to shock the diesel world and change the old way of thinking into a better way.What's next I plan,on running the 175/75 injectors with the new MAD stage 3,and sqeezing every bit out of the injectors to put down over 600-650rwhp,sounds impossilbe not so much you'll see,it the new way of thinking.Thanks MADMAN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM
The Silent Service

Congratulations on the work and success, Madpowerstroke. You've made your mark here on the ORG.

500HP on stock sticks is quite the landmark build, best of luck breaking that threshold.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Keep on keeping on Mad! Can't wait to squeeze every bit of HP out of these 190's. Was thinking of installing a 68 PM but i may just have to wait. Unreal how many ponies you can pick up on a 6.0. May take a little more $$$$ than a 6.4 but oh well. Glad you're a 6.0 guy instead of a 6.4.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM
The Silent Service

I would venture to say with the latest developments in FICM tuning, the new higher HP tunes for the PCM, and these turbos being able to actually utilize all the fuel from the biggest injectors on the market, the 6.0L attainable Performance Levels are about to about to be redefined.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Old 05-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

I don't want anyone taking it wrong,I know you need fuel,but if you can get as much air in and the smallest amount of fuel the diesel engine will respond the best.How much fuel easy,just look at the EGT's they should never go past the 1250 degree range,even at full open throttle,if they do then you need to either back off the fuel or more air.I do understand that there isn't much options for turbo to provide the air and that's why I'm here,to develope the turbos to flow the air needed.I still have big plans even for the guys at GDPA to make even bigger numbers on stock injectors so keep tuned it's going to be MADDNESS.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelnc View Post
Keep on keeping on Mad! Can't wait to squeeze every bit of HP out of these 190's. Was thinking of installing a 68 PM but i may just have to wait. Unreal how many ponies you can pick up on a 6.0. May take a little more $$$$ than a 6.4 but oh well. Glad you're a 6.0 guy instead of a 6.4.
Deff keeping up with this one. Mine is stock but I am wide eyed at this! This may turn me into a horsepower gal!!!!

Dena Dildy
Sent from my Autoguide iPod
Old 05-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How bout shooting for 550hp on stockers? If you get that, then the cr guys had better think twice before picking on the heui guys. And you are getting the help from the tuning advancements on the fuel side as well, so that is making your work even more awsome. Glad to see this motor not fading away in the performance playground like the 7.3 seems to have.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

I agree...
Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 PM

190/75's or 190/100's would be a better prospect for the stage 3? I only ask because they are being ordered tomorrow and your stage 3 is on my to do list when it comes out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.