6.0 Batmowheel now installed in 05'!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Batmowheel now installed in 05'!!!!

Well i finally got around to it this morning and installed my New Batmowheel and my modified machined housing from Rudy's Diesel and i have to say that it was easy. The truck sounds better all around and i have not played with it to much but will post more results when i get to it. It off the bat has a different sound to the intake side, more of a humm at low RPM's and then high rpm's a xtreme rush of air, and can already see lower EGT's. It does pull out of the smoke alot faster so less smoke in the intersections. Also notice at lower RPM's (take off and crusing around town) the boost is up probably 3 more psi. As for Full boost i am going to give it a couple days of soft runs and pulls and then i will let her have it. Also am going to be hooking to the camper so another test around the bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds good, let us know how it works towing.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Well here are my results: I was using my TowBrake tune from Eric in the first leg of the trip and going up some of the major hills and small passes that we have here in montana that would originally hit the 1350 to 1600 degree temps EGT the boost levels were a little lower and the temp would only hit 1180-1200 solid on the passes and hills and 1000 on the flats. This was doing 75MPH and hauling my camper full (7200lbs) with 100% load on the hills and grade range from 12-20 degrees. I was tickled, so half way throught my trip i tested with the Street tune and found the results to be somewhat better. temps were only running about 950-980 on the flats and the same on the grades and passes. On the tow tune fuel econ was at 15.7 and no results on the street tune which will be worst. o well. I saw a ton more throttle response and lower EGT as hoped. Less smoke for sure so i can say all around a good purchase for the tow person using the tow tune. I will post some more info on my next trips if needed.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Premium Member

For how long of time did you used to see those 1350-1600* EGTs? And how often have you been there? Most believe extended times over 1250* and stuff will start to melt.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I run Eric's Extreme Street tune all the time, and I noticed the wheel cleaned up alot of the blacks smoke in my all around driving. I noticed the same thing in a drop in EGTs, better throttle response, more boost and the more noticeable inrush of air through the various throttle positions.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

I have to say that i have seen some high temps but none to scare me. I have seen engines run beet red on the exhaust side to where you can see the exhaust gases swirling in the manifold and hold for 4 hrs straight 1800-2000+ degrees = results still works today no parts changed yet. i have run mine at the most at high temps As high as 1450-1650 for maybe 15-30 seconds max. times that i have seen these temps probably 30 times ish. if it gets high i get out of it and maintain around 1350-1400. unless i am following some slow poke then i stick it in their ear and let them know how i feel. then she gets a little warm. I probably see average of temp around 1000-1200. Hills before average was 1350-1400. My red egt alert is set at 1550. i personally think that you are going to have to abuse the hell out of it if you want to melt them . the wheel has improved all these numbers and i highly recommend it if you can spare 350- housing 400 batmowheel. My high temps all were before the addon wheel. So in the end My truck still runs strong and better with every mod. This aint no dura"maxipad". its a POWERSTROKE!!!! Built Ford Tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.