Looney tune sounds quiet an ECT EOT problems???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looney tune sounds quiet an ECT EOT problems????

I just tuned my truck with the looney tune from Vivian and it sounds different driving it the engine seems to be a little quieter I guess is the only way I can describe it. Also I used my sf3 data logging and my EOT and ECT are 8-11 degrees off is that bad an if so how bad and how can I fix it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Basically here's a bump for you, that is interesting. I do know that small changes can drastically change the sound of this truck. Some people say I'm crazy, but I can tell the difference when I change the oil in my truck.

For the EOT/ECT delta, make sure your truck in at operating temperature. 8-11 isn't bat, over 15 you are starting to have significant blockage. Are you testing by driving 60-65mph for several minutes fo the temps stabalize.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:41 AM

EFT should be around 195 - 198 not the 180's that's the part that gets most folks.

Then EOT will fluctuate from 198 - 205 making everything really happy.

If you're in the high 190's and mid 2Teens then you're headed for a cooler, so get a coolant filter installed now.

d
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM

During warm up my ECT goes to 196 then it falls to 190ish then climbs accordingly, but with this cool weather it seems to stay 190-194. My EOT is 190-200 with 206 being the highest.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Not sure if this is bad but got the truck all warmed up during idle ECT was 182 EOT was 183 then drove her at 60mph for a couple miles ECT was 184 and EOT was 192 that was also on the looney track file then I flashed just the looney to the truck and drove again the highest I could get the EOT was 199 all I did was from 60 mph I hammered on it for 2-3 seconds and let off and was about 70-75 and ECT was about 186-187 it seems when I play a little but jump on it or whatever I get a bigger differance and then when I pull into our housing area and pretty much idle the truck to the house it's already back to 182 ECT and 192 EOT

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM

It's not warmed up until it's in the 195 range, can't look at the idiot gauge. Therefore you'd have perfect deltas.

Your ECT should be 192-195 depending on Thermostat condition, open vs. closed etc.

That's entirely in the normal range, TSB states on level ground steady throttle for a couple of miles to let everything settle down.

Hard runs create heat and then cool off, a system that returns within 15 deg. Delta is acceptable.

D

Last edited by colonel angus; 05-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM

The tunes I have ran all sound a little different upon start up IMO.

You have to run from cold to hot take a drive on the highway. Wait till coolant temp hits 190ish and drive for a bit after that and log deltas.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 PM

your engine is running a hell of a lot better because Vivian is a much better tune write than those of ford, so youre going to have a smoother better running truck. Your temp delta has nothing to do with tuning, its your clogging oil cooler thats the problem. Rebuild the oil cooler and youre delta will be back to normal.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my deltas are also diff wth vivians tunes, my ECT never gets above 190 with the tune on but wll get higher on stock. makes me think my tstat is stuck open when I am running the looney tune My deltas are closer when running stock versus running the tune
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
my deltas are also diff wth vivians tunes, my ECT never gets above 190 with the tune on but wll get higher on stock. makes me think my tstat is stuck open when I am running the looney tune My deltas are closer when running stock versus running the tune
I haven't had my truck stock is so long. I run 6-8* delta depending how I'm driving on the highway. Truck stays at 2-3* around town (which holds no significance really). Coolant temp hangs around 189 when warmed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.