MPGs using a Powermax vs stock vs durastroke turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what is the MPG difference using a Powermax vs stock vs durastroke turbo

Well after the enlighing post below I'm just wondering what people are getting that have a power max turbo over stock. Have you seen a milage increase, also what about a EGT drop? The durastroke looks like a good deal but I have more questions for MPS before going that route on parts, warrenty, and price. I just want to make sure I do a apples to apples comparison to make sure I make the best choice for myself. So far my options are stock turbo with a batmowheel, PM with a batmowheel or without, and maybe one of MPS's durastroke turbos. I very pleased with my 21mpg hwy (hand calculated) as it stands but always looking for increases.

Last edited by U235a4; 05-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by U235a4 View Post
Well after the enlighing post below I'm just wondering what people are getting that have a power max turbo over stock. Have you seen a milage increase, also what about a EGT drop? The durastroke looks like a good deal but parts warrenty, and price would be a question of mine to MPS. I very pleased with my milage as it stands but always looking for increases.
So you're going to question something you don't own,and haven't seen,and comparing it to the powermax which the Durastroke blows away in each and everyway.I get so much PM's that I don't even know if you concated me,about anything.If you have any Questions here I am if I'm (MPS),I don't have a problem comparing the powermax to anything I build parts,warranty,or price,once they are out.Their's aways haters out there,and doubters,but you can't stop the turth of the reviews and the the way the turbos I build perform.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
So you're going to question something you don't own,and haven't seen,and comparing it to the powermax which the Durastroke blows away in each and everyway.I get so much PM's that I don't even know if you concated me,about anything.If you have any Questions here I am if I'm (MPS),I don't have a problem comparing the powermax to anything I build parts,warranty,or price,once they are out.Their's aways haters out there,and doubters,but you can't stop the turth of the reviews and the the way the turbos I build perform.
Adrian, loosen your pants up a bit I reworded my thread after your PM since you seemed to take it wrong and maybe others did to. My bad on the wording but I wish you would have taken care of this via PM first. This post for me was to hear from people that have used each one and have it in one post.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

I would have to say from my experience the Powermax does not increase fuel economy. Also I dont believe it decreases EGT's either...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Adrian, loosen your pants up a bit I reworded my thread after your PM since you seemed to take it wrong and maybe others did to. My bad on the wording but I wish you would have taken care of this via PM first. This post for me was to hear from people that have used each one and have it in one post.
I did PM first but my slow a** typing I was doing after my PM on here,I didn't see you PM first.I thought we never meet,how you know I'm Fat....Weight watchers here I come pants must be wrenching on my B****.It is a good post I would want to know the same,and while I repling to this with my slow typing I'm sure you received the other PM I sent you.Sometimes things get crossed so lets start over,All members forget the first part of this and reply to the post MPG FOR POWERMAX VS STOCK VS DURASTROKE. thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM

Honestly if youre looking for MPG in a truck like this, sell it and go buy a prius.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
Honestly if youre looking for MPG in a truck like this, sell it and go buy a prius.
I didn't think I mentioned anything about wanting 50+mpgs. MPG to me is two things power/torque and efficiency. yea I could have a truck that builds loads of power but when it comes to building it efficiently it may be nothing more than a POS. I would rather have something that is efficient on the fuel that it burns so that make as much power out of it as possible. Some people want to build as much power as possible or do the 1/4 as fast as possible. But for me since I'm out of my 20's and I've built a 9sec mustang and run professional road racing on a sport bike my next project goal is to get as much mpgs out of a huge brick with a diesel. hope that helps you understand my position.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I didn't think I mentioned anything about wanting 50+mpgs. MPG to me is two things power/torque and efficiency. yea I could have a truck that builds loads of power but when it comes to building it efficiently it may be nothing more than a POS. I would rather have something that is efficient on the fuel that it burns so that make as much power out of it as possible. Some people want to build as much power as possible or do the 1/4 as fast as possible. But for me since I'm out of my 20's and I've built a 9sec mustang and run professional road racing on a sport bike my next project goal is to get as much mpgs out of a huge brick with a diesel. hope that helps you understand my position.
I understand the whole thing,people buy tucks for a reasons,some towing some performance and others to have a truck to do whatever in and still get some type of fuel savings.I know guys that get 150,or even toyotas thinging about having a truck but,still getting gas mileage.Well if built right with the right combo of parts the 6.0 powerstroke is capable of 24-26 mpg,unloaded and freeway,but still better than 150 or Toyota.If you should have to haul or tow you have mre than enough truck for that too.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:01 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that is why I bought my F350 over a F150. Eventhough I am not seeing much better fuel economy as compared to a F150, I'll still take my truck. I really think the fuel savings is in the tuning more than the turbo but I am sure the turbo brings the right variable to the mix to get even more.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2elvis View Post
I would have to say from my experience the Powermax does not increase fuel economy. Also I dont believe it decreases EGT's either...
you are wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.