PMF rear '08 spring hanger conversion ride quality - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PMF rear '08 spring hanger conversion ride quality

Anybody running these? How much differenece is there in ride quality? People that are Using these with factory 08 springs would you do it again after feeling the ride? I have an 06 F -350 cclb that will be getting an icon 4.5" lift. I'm also thinking about installing pmf 3 or 4-link when the lift goes in. thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Old 05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Search for threads by TxFireman1972. Billy put 08 springs on his truck with the first set of forward hangers that Trevor built.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Search for threads by TxFireman1972. Billy put 08 springs on his truck with the first set of forward hangers that Trevor built.
Thanks, I found it and read it and it was very informative. Not sure why it didn't come up when I searched for info about the spring conversion. It looks like he took lift springs out when he installed the 08 springs then later switched to '11 springs. Didn't see any update on the ride with the '11 springs compared to the 08's. He said the ride was better when he did the initial conversion but looks like he took out lift springs when he put the 08 springs in. Anybody swapped out stock springs for stock 08+ springs? Thanks again
Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Nobody has tried these? What's everybody's thoughts on these?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM

I put on 08 springs but just moved my stock spring hangers forward. I have spent the last couple of years looking for that perfect ride and finally found it. I started with Icon 4.5" lift in front and 5" blocks in rear on my 05. I later added DR 4-link. It was either them or Fabtech at the time. Even though the Icon cost more, I would still go with their 4-link over anybody else's. I feel they are built better and they are longer than the rest. All that said I don't think I would do the 4-link again. With a properly valved suspension, I don't think they are needed. I mention my front suspension because you say you are going with an Icon 4.5". I would look into Carli Suspension. Again I have spent the last couple years looking for that perfect setup. I have Carli spec King Coilovers in front and Carli spec 08+ Deaver full leafs in back with Carli spec King 2.5" reservoir shocks. The Carli 2.5 Pintop kit is the same valving as my Coilovers. The truck rides absolutely amazing both on and offroad, words do not do it justice. The 4.5" Icon looked good but didn't necessarily perform, though it would be better than most.

Since you are asking about the rears, mine has seen any transformations. Ride was horrible with stock springs and blocks. Early last year I put in the 08 springs. The ride was definitly better but I wanted to try the Carli 6 leaf mini pack the replaced the bottom overloads. That was a great ride but I found myself using my truck in the dirt more and knew the full leaf pack would cycle better so went with them. I did lose payload with the full leafs but that didn't matter much because I needed airbags with all the different leaf packs anyways. I remove them when I am not using them, takes less than 10mins. Search Carli in the suspension forum.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the rear spring conversion is worth doing. I'll be looking into carli suspensions also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.