IPR Remote Oil Cooler, EGR Cooler, and Coolant Filter! So it begins! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
IPR Remote Oil Cooler, EGR Cooler, and Coolant Filter! So it begins!

I have been in talks with Vince from Innovative Performance research for a couple weeks now regarding their new factory oil cooler relocation system, 100% duty coolant filter, and EGR Cooler.

I have decided to be the ginney pig for the forum as I am local to Vince and his customer service seems outstanding as does his product development. I am going to provide real world experience and pictures/explainations of his product lines that will hopefully bring IPR's reputation back from the less than favorable response to their high-flow oil cooler.

Next week, I'm going in for the following:

- ARP Studs
- IPR EGR Cooler
- Ford head gaskets, updated stand pipes and rail plugs
- IPR External oil cooler kit WITH OEM Oil Cooler
- Stainless hoses upgrade
- High capacity coolant filter Upgrade
- Upgraded HPOP screen
- Upgraded Turbo drain tube
- Upgraded Hpop fitting

Machining:
- Resurface the heads
- Install new valve stem seals
- Install new rocker box gaskets
- Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
- Magnaflux and pressure testing
- Inspect for cracked seats, worn valve guides

Please let me know if I have forgotton anything as i only want to do this once.

Subscribe and post any questions or concers and I'll see if I can help as I'm becoming very well versed in the product!

Please note, i am an independent, 3rd party not affiliated with IPR in any way. I am hoping to provide super duty owners with real world experience and a cheaper alternative to the BPD kit.

I understand these are two different kits and concepts, this kit suits me as it adds to my service intervals and I love tinkering with the truck so it gives me an excuse to spend more time in the garage! Further, i really like the 100% duty coolant filter opposed to a bypass filter. The larger coolant filter upgrade should extend the cleaning intervals substantially so i went for it.

I will update this thread as it all happens. My truck is an 06 with 57,000 miles and running 18psi constant in the degas.

Last edited by OCVeloMan; 05-03-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Would be nice for you to install oil pressure gauges on the IPR cooler. My concern is oil flow/psi, the 6.0 can demand up to 18gpm. From what I've read, at WOT, full load, ~3700rpm, normal operating temp, the psi should be with in 18-22psi.

Keep us posted, and thanks for being the Guinea pig.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Absolutely, I recommend a pressure gauge on the oil outlet of the motor to the filter/cooler and then at the inlet/return back to the motor.

I'm interested for sure.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I suggest you take a real close look on the filter system of FS2500 and look at the size of their lines. When I spoke with the owner of the company he explained the matter verry detailed, the 6.0 are special. Lilpooh stated it real simple, the trick with the 6.0 is to take a small amount of oil and use the pressure to filter it throu the smallest filter element possible, without loosing pressure or increasing pressure on the remaining oil circulation.
I ran the FS2500 for 6 years now and change my oil every 8000miles and get always a clean oilsample to the lab for testing. Results are always positive and the test says good for another 5k, I just dont wanna push it more.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Lol don't really want more gauges. I'm already in this a ton of cash so It will only include what's outlines above. If someone wants to donate to my rebuild fund, I'm happy to throw in oil pressure gauges on someone else's dime!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I suggest you take a real close look on the filter system of FS2500 and look at the size of their lines. When I spoke with the owner of the company he explained the matter verry detailed, the 6.0 are special. Lilpooh stated it real simple, the trick with the 6.0 is to take a small amount of oil and use the pressure to filter it throu the smallest filter element possible, without loosing pressure or increasing pressure on the remaining oil circulation.
I ran the FS2500 for 6 years now and change my oil every 8000miles and get always a clean oilsample to the lab for testing. Results are always positive and the test says good for another 5k, I just dont wanna push it more.
What? I have an amsoil BMK21 bypass but that's outside the point of this thread...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
Lol don't really want more gauges. I'm already in this a ton of cash so It will only include what's outlines above. If someone wants to donate to my rebuild fund, I'm happy to throw in oil pressure gauges on someone else's dime!
The gauges arent for me. They are for you so you dont roast your motor. As lilpooh mention, these motors use, flow, whatever you want to call it, 18 gallons per minute at like 50-60psi when at normal operating temperature and cruising down the hwy at 70mph/2k rpms. This leads to an 18-22psi pressure drop across the system, I highly recommend you get one gauge and a test port on each side of the system to verify that everything is good to go. JMO and take it FWIW. I understand you are out quite a bit of money but you could be out a whole lot more too. Just tryin to help man. Best of luck for sure.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Well that's a bummer. Without hard data, it's gonna be hard to convince most of us on how the kit performs in real world conditions.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Agreed with both of you. Vince told me about his bypass in the filter housing allowing for 18GPM. Just like with BPD, I took his word for it.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Agreed with both of you. Vince told me about his bypass in the filter housing allowing for 18GPM. Just like with BPD, I took his word for it.
I also took the word of CFM+ intake elbow on gaining 15hp and 2mpg! LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.