Need help finding replacement parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help finding replacement parts

My truck is in the shop getting the EGR delete treatment. I have procured a (FCDP) EGR Delete, blue spring upgrade, OEM Head gasket, ARP Head studs, and Oil cooler rebuild.

I am getting my FICM rebuilt, but i was recently informed I need to replace my "HPOP Oil Discharge Tubes" and my "High Pressure Oil Coupler". I cannot for the life of me find either of those parts online. If anyone can point me in the right direction Id be so very appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to J HO 22
Standpipes?

Sent from Holderdown Performance mobile command center
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudue Priest View Post
My truck is in the shop getting the EGR delete treatment. I have procured a (FCDP) EGR Delete, blue spring upgrade, OEM Head gasket, ARP Head studs, and Oil cooler rebuild.

I am getting my FICM rebuilt, but i was recently informed I need to replace my "HPOP Oil Discharge Tubes" and my "High Pressure Oil Coupler". I cannot for the life of me find either of those parts online. If anyone can point me in the right direction Id be so very appreciative.
Give Mid TN Ford a call. The parts guys over there are tops in my book, but if ya don't want to go thru a dealer you can try Rock Auto. They have everything know to man.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Now I'm back to which after market turbo I want... I tow very little, my truck is my daily driver/ long haul ride. I dont want a remanned oem turbo just cuz it makes me sick with fear that in another 50000-100000 miles it will go out again... I have been looking pretty hard at Turbonetics torque master, BD thruster II and garrett power max. I know the turbonetics requires a tune, but im not sure if i NEED it for performance reasons or to delete the CEL. I would love feed back in this area and reasons why. Also looking at Gibson extreme duals. I won a partial sponsorship with them so... if that makes any relevant difference.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudue Priest View Post
Now I'm back to which after market turbo I want... I tow very little, my truck is my daily driver/ long haul ride. I dont want a remanned oem turbo just cuz it makes me sick with fear that in another 50000-100000 miles it will go out again... I have been looking pretty hard at Turbonetics torque master, BD thruster II and garrett power max. I know the turbonetics requires a tune, but im not sure if i NEED it for performance reasons or to delete the CEL. I would love feed back in this area and reasons why. Also looking at Gibson extreme duals. I won a partial sponsorship with them so... if that makes any relevant difference.
Have you read any of the post by madpowerstroke (Adrian). He is a guy on the org that is building turbo's and they are supposed to be really good. There are a couple guys from the georgia powerstroke diesel assoc. that are running his turbo's as test units. I talked to Matt (guy from the GPDA that has the Stage 2 turbo) and he is supposed to do some dyno runs on the 13th of May. Adrian's new company name is Mad Turbo Werks, I'm waiting on the #'s from Matt then gonna get a new turbo as well. Just thought I would tell you, hope it helps.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:59 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
If this is for your 2004, all you need is the O-ring kit. The 2004 is different than the other models.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 AM

Over pressure fuel

Hey I'm just reviving an old thread because I hate starting new ones.

Long story short, I Have my truck back runs great. But I've noticed something strange while running my SRL+ Tune. While in Cruise Control around 70-75 while going up any kind of grade that would generally cause the truck to downshift it seems like more fuel is used to power up the hill vs downshifting to maintain speed. I wouldn't have an issue with this, however I roll coal until the truck levels out.

I talked to Matt (tune creator) about this and the best he could think is that the Blue Spring Kit I had added is over pressurizing the fuel to the injectors.

So... Is that bad? Will this kill my injectors, cause leaks or blown seals? is there a way to reduce pressure without replacing the spring?

I appreciate the retorts boys.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The only way to find out is get a Fuel Pressure Gauge

I dont THINK it is the blue spring... But If it was me I would be getting a $60 gauge vs 8 injectors @ $200 a piece
Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Makes sense. However gauge only tells me me if I'm screwed or not. Still lookin for possible remedies too lol. but yeah at this point i might as well gauge up everything. oce you pop you just cant stop
Old 06-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have to disagree with Matt at gear head I'm running his srl+70 tune and I don't have the blue spring mod and my truck does the exact same thing! It is very agrevating to roll coal just to come up a hill cause the truck doesn't down shift! I'm not a fan of the way the transmission does on this tune at all! I think I'm gonna go with the SPD from TSD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.