Tru Speed function? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tru Speed function?

lookin at the superlift truspeed speedo recalibrator and was wondering....does it only help the speedo to be corrected or does it actually do more like with trans shift points and tq converter lockup from larger tires thanks:drive:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It corrects the computer so the speedo and shift points and everything else is corrected.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any other way to correct it? And will it play nice with chips/tuners? (I just got nailed doing 80 in a 65)
Old 11-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
from what i have seen their is no other product as good as this to correct the speedo. superchips has the tru-speed but its a programmer type, and can only correct speedo/gears on the 05+ SD..... ill be using the Tru-speed once i get gears its the best option out their
Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

shoot me a price would ya, model 33001 for an 01 excursion diesel.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM

I thought the SCT would recalibrate the speedo. Both the sct and the Edge I took off both claimed to do so. Am I missing something.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Mercury
Quote:
from what i have seen their is no other product as good as this to correct the speedo. superchips has the tru-speed but its a programmer type, and can only correct speedo/gears on the 05+ SD..... ill be using the Tru-speed once i get gears its the best option out their
I think you mean superlift not superchips right?

Quote:
I thought the SCT would recalibrate the speedo. Both the sct and the Edge I took off both claimed to do so. Am I missing something.
I thought the same thing on my truck especially since the tuner company said it would... well it did not...

As far as I know 99-04 you can only use an inline speed correction device such as the Superlift truspeed Superlift www.superlift.com or the Merlin controls speed wizard Merlin Controls Electronic Control Systems / FMDK Home Page or Speed Wizard Speedometer Correction Now on 05 up... people are saying that the programmers will adjust the speedometer... but I am not sure I beleive all that just yet.

I have done tons of research on this part of lifting a truck, if anybody has questions or anything just email me merc45@gmail.com

Ken
Old 12-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Get a GPS and it will tell you the true speed all the time, mine is off and everything is standard on it, My GM was right on the button. The Ford marks 100KPH and realy does 58.5KPH its not much but its 1 mile every 60 miles off.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Mercury
Quote:
Originally Posted by caissiel View Post
Get a GPS and it will tell you the true speed all the time, mine is off and everything is standard on it, My GM was right on the button. The Ford marks 100KPH and realy does 58.5KPH its not much but its 1 mile every 60 miles off.
I agree that a GPS is the best way to read the speed of the automobile, however some people don't like to turn them on every time they take their truck for a ride, or leave them in their truck for that matter. Also what if somebody borrows it and you need to know your speed - for me personally I just would rather have a corrected speedometer - but hey thats just me.

Based on the research I have done it looks like the vehicle manufacers can have speed readings that can be off by a little. Usually they make the speedometer read faster then what you are really going... why? So they (the automobile manufacter) cannot be sued when you get a ticket for speeding.

Now... one thing I am confused about... You said your ford marked 100KPH on the speedometer and you are really going 58.5KPH... well something does not add up here because thats almost off by 2 times.

No way can it be off that bad if it is a stock truck.

Kenny
Old 12-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Sorry? its a typo
I meant 98.5 KPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.