Tru Speed function? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Emergency Services

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tru Speed function?

lookin at the superlift truspeed speedo recalibrator and was wondering....does it only help the speedo to be corrected or does it actually do more like with trans shift points and tq converter lockup from larger tires thanks:drive:

2003 psd 6.0
red crewcab
16" suspension lift, 48" michelin xml's on 20x10 black rockstars, 6000k hid's, crossover steering, zoodad mod, ccv mod, modified up pipe to delete egr cooler,high idle mod, mbrp 3.5 downpipe, train horns(also on remote), diamond plate tool box, recon smoked cablights, Code670 alarm/remote start,100w reverse lights, oil-based underbody paint
**soon to purchase SCT rockwell 2.5 ton frt/rear
-8,520lbs with me in it
post #2 of 11 Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It corrects the computer so the speedo and shift points and everything else is corrected.

T.J.
2003 F-350 dually 6.0
Centennial Edition
Straight exhaust 34x10.50 Swampers on Black Rock Stars

Been a member longer than most of the moderators
Thats why I said most Tiff

Think you can trust the government? Ask an American Indian!

My old truck in action
post #3 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any other way to correct it? And will it play nice with chips/tuners? (I just got nailed doing 80 in a 65)
post #4 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
from what i have seen their is no other product as good as this to correct the speedo. superchips has the tru-speed but its a programmer type, and can only correct speedo/gears on the 05+ SD..... ill be using the Tru-speed once i get gears its the best option out their
post #5 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

shoot me a price would ya, model 33001 for an 01 excursion diesel.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM

I thought the SCT would recalibrate the speedo. Both the sct and the Edge I took off both claimed to do so. Am I missing something.

1970 F250 Crew Cab rebuilt/restored w/Cummin s 4bt

8v, M5R2 Tranny, VE pump, DennyT stage 2 pin, M&H Dynamic Timing, 3200k gov spring, Hx30/Hx35 Twins, 40hp styx, smoke screw screwed, star wheel cranked, Hydroboosted
91 Gillig Phantom, Converted transit bus, 6v92 Detroit Diesel

6500 Watt Diesel Generator on board

All Diesel All Day
post #7 of 11 Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Mercury
Quote:
from what i have seen their is no other product as good as this to correct the speedo. superchips has the tru-speed but its a programmer type, and can only correct speedo/gears on the 05+ SD..... ill be using the Tru-speed once i get gears its the best option out their
I think you mean superlift not superchips right?

Quote:
I thought the SCT would recalibrate the speedo. Both the sct and the Edge I took off both claimed to do so. Am I missing something.
I thought the same thing on my truck especially since the tuner company said it would... well it did not...

As far as I know 99-04 you can only use an inline speed correction device such as the Superlift truspeed Superlift www.superlift.com or the Merlin controls speed wizard Merlin Controls Electronic Control Systems / FMDK Home Page or Speed Wizard Speedometer Correction Now on 05 up... people are saying that the programmers will adjust the speedometer... but I am not sure I beleive all that just yet.

I have done tons of research on this part of lifting a truck, if anybody has questions or anything just email me merc45@gmail.com

Ken
post #8 of 11 Old 12-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Get a GPS and it will tell you the true speed all the time, mine is off and everything is standard on it, My GM was right on the button. The Ford marks 100KPH and realy does 58.5KPH its not much but its 1 mile every 60 miles off.

2005, 6.0L, 6 Spd Std, 3.73 Rear End, F250SD, Extended Cab, 4 x 4 Long Bed. 2008 extension mirrors. GPS/TV/DVD/CD/Rear Cam/Radio installed, Max Energy programer by Hypertech, and Fuel Pressure Gauge. ScanGaugeII for 60 plus XGauges, and MPG. ELC Cat EC-1 Coolant, Pull a 39ft 15500Lbs 5th Wheel Camper Trailer. Mileage Avg is 20MPG, and pulling 12.6MPG.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Mercury
Quote:
Originally Posted by caissiel View Post
Get a GPS and it will tell you the true speed all the time, mine is off and everything is standard on it, My GM was right on the button. The Ford marks 100KPH and realy does 58.5KPH its not much but its 1 mile every 60 miles off.
I agree that a GPS is the best way to read the speed of the automobile, however some people don't like to turn them on every time they take their truck for a ride, or leave them in their truck for that matter. Also what if somebody borrows it and you need to know your speed - for me personally I just would rather have a corrected speedometer - but hey thats just me.

Based on the research I have done it looks like the vehicle manufacers can have speed readings that can be off by a little. Usually they make the speedometer read faster then what you are really going... why? So they (the automobile manufacter) cannot be sued when you get a ticket for speeding.

Now... one thing I am confused about... You said your ford marked 100KPH on the speedometer and you are really going 58.5KPH... well something does not add up here because thats almost off by 2 times.

No way can it be off that bad if it is a stock truck.

Kenny
post #10 of 11 Old 12-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Sorry? its a typo
I meant 98.5 KPH

2005, 6.0L, 6 Spd Std, 3.73 Rear End, F250SD, Extended Cab, 4 x 4 Long Bed. 2008 extension mirrors. GPS/TV/DVD/CD/Rear Cam/Radio installed, Max Energy programer by Hypertech, and Fuel Pressure Gauge. ScanGaugeII for 60 plus XGauges, and MPG. ELC Cat EC-1 Coolant, Pull a 39ft 15500Lbs 5th Wheel Camper Trailer. Mileage Avg is 20MPG, and pulling 12.6MPG.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode