03 6.0 exhausst questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Smile 03 6.0 exhausst questions

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but not new to the Ford world lol..I use to have an 04 f250 CC 4x4 V10..finally did the right thing and switched to an 03 f250 6.0 XCab 8ft bed. Huge change. Anyways Ive had the truck for about 5 days..I tinted the windows, through a set of HIDs in there. Ordered a SCT chip from DJ (whos very awesome). did the Zoodad mod, and im working on the exhaust right now. I have a friend of a friend that works at Xtreme Diesel here in New Jersey. Anyways I pulled off the muffler and tail pipe and wow this thing is like a raped Ape now lol..sounds awesome. my uncle has a truck company so he got me the piping for the exhaust just stock stuff 3.5" . now i was wondering about the cat? keep it and straight pipe it as well..some say keep it others say get rid of it. i wanna get rid of it and see what it sounds like. Also my real reason for starting this thread is to ask this questions. Will the MBRP cat delete pipe mate up to my stock Down pipe or no? I searched and a guy did it to his 05 but i couldnt find anymore info about it. So if anyone could shine some light on this for me i would really appriciate it. Thanks to everyone and also this forum is very very helpful and seems to have super nice people on here. Take care

-Evan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Try youtube for sound clips.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM

yeah i did the youtube thing. I mean the sounds are deff sick..i just wanna make sure the cat delete is the way to go. And if the cat delete will mate to my stock dp flange..it looks like a flange that has a donut and the mbrp looks like a flat flange. so IDK...anyone
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Not sure on the mbrp fitting the stock dp? I bet you will like the truck better without the cat especially if you going to run custom tunes it will help lower the egt's.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM

i have a mbrp cat delete pipe in 304 ss that im not using- i can check to see if it will work with the stock dp and let you know. if it doesnt i know that they sell adaptors that are like 3 to 3.5 or 3.5 to 4. whatever you need. i can check here in a few and let you know.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 PM

all you have to do for the stock system is go to ford and tell them you need to order a test pipe. my dealer sold me mine for $40.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbowhunter View Post
i have a mbrp cat delete pipe in 304 ss that im not using- i can check to see if it will work with the stock dp and let you know. if it doesnt i know that they sell adaptors that are like 3 to 3.5 or 3.5 to 4. whatever you need. i can check here in a few and let you know.
I called Mbrp and the guy told me that it will deff not fit. but another guy on this forum has an 05 and it fits. IDK..the guy from mbrp was like i kno it sounds funny that it doesnt fit. i guess so they can sell you their dp as well.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker03 View Post
all you have to do for the stock system is go to ford and tell them you need to order a test pipe. my dealer sold me mine for $40.
the dealership sold something for under 50 bucks lol..im interested in this..would you happen to have a part number on this? and could you tell me..does the one end have a flange on it and the other end just 3.5" pipe?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM

yes sir dont have the part number paid cash didnt take recipt and have it installed i can get pics if you like......
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 PM

yeah please man that would be awesome thanks

-Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.