Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:39 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today

Since I deleted my oil cooler back in the fall of 2010, I have been wanting to delete my fuel bowl but couldnt because of the filter that was needed to send clean fuel to the injectors. Well since I upgraded my fuel system to an AD150, all of my filtering is now done with that and I only need a filter in the stock OEM pump for it to run right and I was finally able to delete fuel bowl. Here are some pics of how I tied everything in. I basically connected to the factory hard lines with stainless steel braided hose and AN fittings. I'll be testing it out here next week with some larger injectors so we'll see how everything does.
Attached Thumbnails
Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imag0361.jpg   Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imag0362.jpg   Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imag0363.jpg   Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imag0365.jpg   Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imag0366.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good move Nate.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What is the hose going to the bottom right of the picture with blue fitting? Aaaahhh, nothing like stainless steel braided lines to purty up an engine!
Attached Thumbnails
Deleted My Fuel Bowl Today-imageuploadedbyautoguide1335069218.400185.jpg  
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM
back to business

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks good.

What Y block did you use? Who's AN fittings and hose? I like the black vs blue/red.
What is the thread size on the front of the heads? M12x1.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the process of planning out my fuel system. I'm thinking; sump, AD2, delete all of the stock lines/fittings, braided stainless hoses (-8 from sump to AD/AD to Y block, then -6 to the heads and return from AD2.

Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
What is the hose going to the bottom right of the picture with blue fitting? Aaaahhh, nothing like stainless steel braided lines to purty up an engine!
That giant blue fitting is what goes from my motor to my oil filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
Looks good.

What Y block did you use? Who's AN fittings and hose? I like the black vs blue/red.
What is the thread size on the front of the heads? M12x1.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the process of planning out my fuel system. I'm thinking; sump, AD2, delete all of the stock lines/fittings, braided stainless hoses (-8 from sump to AD/AD to Y block, then -6 to the heads and return from AD2. Thoughts?
Thanks man. Let's take your questions from the top. All of the fittings and hoses are "Summit Racing" brand stuff. The y-block is a 6an split into two 6an outlets. In case you didnt know, 6an is 3/8in diameter line and that is what size comes from the stock pump and returns back to the tank. The 90* fittings are 6an male thread to M12x1.5.

If you are going to build your own system, I would do this (now that I have a better understanding of everything). Go with a sump and run the lines supplied with an AD150 from the tank/sump to the AD150 and for the air return line back to the tank. You can also use the hose supplied with the AD150 to feed the high pressure pump. For this I recommend an Aeromotive A1000 (non-marine grade) or a fuelab. Both pumps have already been proven to work and with this setup, it will support whatever injectors you want to run. Then from the A1000 run a 1/2in (8an) line to a Y-block that splits into 6an and goes to the front of the heads. Then of the back use those 90* fittings with 6an line and tie them together with a 6an-6an-6an y block and run the single 6an line from that to an Aeromotive regulator (I have the part number and will have to look it up) and the 6an return back to the tank. The tank return can be connected your new AN line with a compression to AN adapter. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Finally you did it haha! Mines been gone for nearly 3 years. I used all braided stainless line and anodized fittings from the tank to the heads. Only thing left stock on my fuel system is the plastic tank haha. Good work man. Only thing left to do is get rid of the HFCM haha.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 AM
back to business

Nate - Thanks for the explanation. That is almost the identical set up I'm looking at. I just keep going back and forth on AD2 or AD150 w/ aeromotive pump. The main reason I keep looking at AD2 is that; 1. It's cheaper than AD150 and aeromotive setup, 2. I wouldn't need to do RR (again saving money)

So yeah, I'm cheap .

Why do you say to not go with the marine grade pump?
Where are you reading fuel pressure with the set up you're running?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
Nate - Thanks for the explanation. That is almost the identical set up I'm looking at. I just keep going back and forth on AD2 or AD150 w/ aeromotive pump. The main reason I keep looking at AD2 is that; 1. It's cheaper than AD150 and aeromotive setup, 2. I wouldn't need to do RR (again saving money)

So yeah, I'm cheap .

Why do you say to not go with the marine grade pump?
Where are you reading fuel pressure with the set up you're running?
I dont think you would need both a AD150 and Aeromotive pump. I believe Pizza Pig runs just the Aeromotive pump and it feeds his 190's. Might see what his readings are.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 AM

I have a sump with an aeromotive with a fuel bowl delete, regulated return is set at 60 psi and WOT on my race tune the fuel pressure gauge doesnt even move. The a1000 pushes some serious fuel, you do not need a pusher pump, but you need to make sure you use a minimum of 5/8" fuel line to feed the pump so you dont starve it.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 AM
back to business

Greg, what's your filter setup?

Also, thoughts on marine grade vs non-marine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.