YES They came!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
YES They came!!!!!

Well my ARP head studs came in today via UPS. I'm super physced about having them put on Monday morning for free under warranty. I'm even more excited about having a custom tune written for my truck once it's studded.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, Okay - Calm down....

Seriously, congrats. Keep us up-to-date!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
sweet dude! Im so jealous that you still have warranty....

I think I finally saw you the other day, big cloud of white smoke though
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Congrats man your truck is fixing to turn into a completely different animal! You'll fall in love all over again. I am jealous your getting them installed for FREE. That's freaking awesome dude.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats! I was beyond excited the day my box of studs arrived. Just waiting for more money to get tunes now haha.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmtnbiker View Post
sweet dude! Im so jealous that you still have warranty....

I think I finally saw you the other day, big cloud of white smoke though
No sir my truck doesn't blow white smoke. It will blow some black smoke if the turbo isn't spooled up though. But once it gets a little over 5psi it's a light haze that you can only se when a cars headlight beam hit its. And it's very light. Thing runs like a champ.

Btw last night on the way home I raced a 96-98 mustang cobra and I smoked him from the red light and let off about 70 had 3-4 car lengths on him. From a 60 roll he wanted some more and he jumped me but I sat at his rear bumper up to 85-90 and I let off cuz I didn't want a huge ticket. But I was impressed with my truck. I was running the sct canned performance tune. I have the spartan 175hp tune but I wasn't running it but he surely didn't want that anyway lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
No sir my truck doesn't blow white smoke. It will blow some black smoke if the turbo isn't spooled up though. But once it gets a little over 5psi it's a light haze that you can only se when a cars headlight beam hit its. And it's very light. Thing runs like a champ.

Btw last night on the way home I raced a 96-98 mustang cobra and I smoked him from the red light and let off about 70 had 3-4 car lengths on him. From a 60 roll he wanted some more and he jumped me but I sat at his rear bumper up to 85-90 and I let off cuz I didn't want a huge ticket. But I was impressed with my truck. I was running the sct canned performance tune. I have the spartan 175hp tune but I wasn't running it but he surely didn't want that anyway lol.
Haha it definitely wasn't you then cause it was a big ol white cloud. Thats sweet man, ive been waiting for some one to race lol. I used to have a 65 mustang that was fast as crap but this truck has got it beat for sure
I got on it pretty hard today to avoid a retard that was in my lane. Was doing about 30-35 and i didn't really move anywhere cause it broke the tires loose and got a little sideways. So much fun and I love the power!

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmtnbiker View Post
Haha it definitely wasn't you then cause it was a big ol white cloud. Thats sweet man, ive been waiting for some one to race lol. I used to have a 65 mustang that was fast as crap but this truck has got it beat for sure
I got on it pretty hard today to avoid a retard that was in my lane. Was doing about 30-35 and i didn't really move anywhere cause it broke the tires loose and got a little sideways. So much fun and I love the power!

Oh yeah mine did that to me when I first got it. I didn't have the tuner on it or anything yet. I was running like 40 and I got on it and it broke em loose real quick. I had to let out of it.

We gotta do something soon though. But I'm at the beach with the ole so I can't really be on here much. I will get my butt whooped lol.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
Oh yeah mine did that to me when I first got it. I didn't have the tuner on it or anything yet. I was running like 40 and I got on it and it broke em loose real quick. I had to let out of it.

We gotta do something soon though. But I'm at the beach with the ole so I can't really be on here much. I will get my butt whooped lol.
Its all that torque these things lay down. My almost 37's don't stand a chance lol. Yeah man definitely, maybe we can hit up the mud hole and watch some people break stuff!

You better get off here then lol. Gotta keep the misses happy

Old 04-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Well I figured I would give you guys an update. I stopped by the shop today they had the heads off and gaskets and all that good stuff. I forgot to snap a picture but everything seems to be going as planned. I had to wait for the inspector to verify that te HG were bad and in that time the main guy that does 6.0 work and HG jobs and does stud jobs only had pulled another job. So it took them a bit longer than expected. But it's okay. It's all getting done under warranty and I have brand tarus as a free rental some on not stuck without some wheels but the heads are getting checked right now for flatness and for cracks. But if all is well I should have my truck back on Wednesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.