maximum power out of a 6 peter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
maximum power out of a 6 peter

im not much of a 6.o fan but my buddy has a 2004 6.0 hes lookin to get the most power he can out of it. he currently has a superchip programmer until he decides on what tunes he wants. the guy at the local diesel shop told him he should get the diablo sport programmer and the ts performance fuel box does this sound right. he already has the afe stage 2 air intake and a 4in. straight pipe exhaust no cat that exits in front of the rear tire. i told him he should get a power elbow and cap off the egr cooler. and for some tunes he should call elite or djs diesel i now they got some bada** 6.0 what do you guys think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM

i forgot to add hes lookin to destroy some duramaxs and those dang common rail dodges and he already is having studs installed
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM

A custom tune would be the way to go. We carry Innovative Diesel and Elite Diesel. I would go with Innovative Diesel myself. We sell more ID custom Xcal2's than anything else.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:15 PM

he doesnt care what it is or how much it cost he just wants the most power he can get cuz theres a couple of dmaxs and dodges runnin just askin to get there doors blown off i cant do it i my 7.3 yet without some serious money but i think the 6.0 might have a chance
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM

Depends on how the others are setup. He may also need a water/meth kit or a shot of NOS, but it can be done.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 PM

nothin real fancy the usual exhaust, air intake and they are double stacked thats its nothing else
Old 09-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
dont stack on the 6.0 he would be asking for troubles. tell him to look into a SCT with custom tunes, turbo back exhaust, studs. some kinda tranny mod. and water/meth. that would be a ground pounder right there. Anything over about 430whp is going to take bigger injectors, turbo, or n20
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

the tuners you mentioned are a waste of money.
hands down the best thing you can do for the 6.0 is get the SCT xcal .
no need to stack it with anything it will make as much power as you can handle, and works great even with aftermarket turbos and injectors
call matt at spartan diesel tech and he can get you dialed in everything needed to destroy all those other chevy/dodge guys. i know this
a properly tuned SCT, a good fuel system, bigger turbo, and bigger injectors will give him plenty to stay ahead of the pack.
tell him to also upgrade his torque converter and tranny to handle the extra power and he'll be golden. no reason he cant have all this done for 10grand. i've got about 12grand into mine so far, and i'm far from done , but my goals are a little higher than just beating the crowd of wannabes, i'm looking to set records.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedSI View Post
dont stack on the 6.0 he would be asking for troubles. tell him to look into a SCT with custom tunes, turbo back exhaust, studs. some kinda tranny mod. and water/meth. that would be a ground pounder right there. Anything over about 430whp is going to take bigger injectors, turbo, or n20
oh yeah .. good point i forgot to mention studs !! he'll definitely need them.
and yeah once you wanna make over 450 you'll need bigger injectors and either a bigger turbo or N2O along with the injectors.

i would recomend turbo/injectors over NOS/injectors
remember nos is just a replacement for a bigger turbo, it doesnt make any power unless you have more fuel to mix with it.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I think a turbo is going to go a long way if he wants to be an all around killer. As well as water/meth to keep the ETGs undercontrol and possibly a Spearco/DI intercooler. X2 on injectors and custom tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.