Why no EFI LIve for PSD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why no EFI LIve for PSD?

NO Respect! My SCT gets no Respect!

Most of the diesel guys around here don't really know what they are doing, so they can't understand why a truck with some SCT tuner thingy blows the doors of their Bully dog and Edge tuned rigs

And, when I finally do run into Cummins or Duramax guys who do know what's going on, all they yap about is their EFI Live and how it is the greatest thing ever and how Ford is crap because they can't use EFI LIve and are way behind... This annoys me.

Now, I am extremely happy with my SCT with custom tunes, and I can usually take these EFI Live tuned trucks, but I still have to wonder... Why doesn't EFI Live have tuning for the Powerstroke? Will it ever be an option for us, maybe not for the 6.0, but what about the 6.4 or 6.7?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've wondered the same thing for a long time. My bro in law has had EFI Live tuned duramaxs and now a cummins and he told me a while back about some guy who was trying to do it on a powerstroke, but I can't remember why he said they haven't done it yet. I will try to get in touch with him today and get some answers. He is friends with the guy that actually invented EFI live. Idk the guys name but I know he has called him and had conversations about tuning before. So maybe he will have an answer. I know it'd be badass on a 6.0!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agreet It would be awesome on a 6.0. Idk if it would be any better than a well written tune ont he SCT but I just really hate hearing about things that Dodge and Chevy trucks can do that Ford trucks can't lol
Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
I agreet It would be awesome on a 6.0. Idk if it would be any better than a well written tune ont he SCT but I just really hate hearing about things that Dodge and Chevy trucks can do that Ford trucks can't lol
Tell ya Im not sure it would make that much difference. I really like the SCT, but other options are always cool. But its just another thing to spend money on...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 AM

I personally would sit in my truck with a laptop for hours driving around learning how to tune my truck.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
I personally would sit in my truck with a laptop for hours driving around learning how to tune my truck.

I know a duy with EFI Live on his LBZ with stock fuel and turbo and it is bad fast.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
NO Respect! My SCT gets no Respect!

Most of the diesel guys around here don't really know what they are doing, so they can't understand why a truck with some SCT tuner thingy blows the doors of their Bully dog and Edge tuned rigs

And, when I finally do run into Cummins or Duramax guys who do know what's going on, all they yap about is their EFI Live and how it is the greatest thing ever and how Ford is crap because they can't use EFI LIve and are way behind... This annoys me.

Now, I am extremely happy with my SCT with custom tunes, and I can usually take these EFI Live tuned trucks, but I still have to wonder... Why doesn't EFI Live have tuning for the Powerstroke? Will it ever be an option for us, maybe not for the 6.0, but what about the 6.4 or 6.7?
The craziest Cummins I have ever rode in had a Smarty on it. It was also p pumped with bigger sticks and turbo. All my Dodge buddies swear by the Smarty and the Dirtymax guys swear by EFI Live. Along with good custom SCT tunes for a 6.0, they are all great for their trucks. And I might as well throw in the Wildman for the 7.3.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM

EFI and common rails are a great combination
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
As to why not. Its because there are already multiple custom tuning platforms available for the PSD. SCT has the same tuning capabilities on the Fords as EFI live does for the GM trucks. Its actually a bit more complex due to the HEUI injection system
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
As to why not. Its because there are already multiple custom tuning platforms available for the PSD. SCT has the same tuning capabilities on the Fords as EFI live does for the GM trucks. Its actually a bit more complex due to the HEUI injection system
Makes sense, now waiting for someone to convert a 6.0 to a common rail......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.