Why no EFI LIve for PSD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why no EFI LIve for PSD?

NO Respect! My SCT gets no Respect!

Most of the diesel guys around here don't really know what they are doing, so they can't understand why a truck with some SCT tuner thingy blows the doors of their Bully dog and Edge tuned rigs

And, when I finally do run into Cummins or Duramax guys who do know what's going on, all they yap about is their EFI Live and how it is the greatest thing ever and how Ford is crap because they can't use EFI LIve and are way behind... This annoys me.

Now, I am extremely happy with my SCT with custom tunes, and I can usually take these EFI Live tuned trucks, but I still have to wonder... Why doesn't EFI Live have tuning for the Powerstroke? Will it ever be an option for us, maybe not for the 6.0, but what about the 6.4 or 6.7?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tuscaloosa, Al
Posts: 1,398
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've wondered the same thing for a long time. My bro in law has had EFI Live tuned duramaxs and now a cummins and he told me a while back about some guy who was trying to do it on a powerstroke, but I can't remember why he said they haven't done it yet. I will try to get in touch with him today and get some answers. He is friends with the guy that actually invented EFI live. Idk the guys name but I know he has called him and had conversations about tuning before. So maybe he will have an answer. I know it'd be badass on a 6.0!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agreet It would be awesome on a 6.0. Idk if it would be any better than a well written tune ont he SCT but I just really hate hearing about things that Dodge and Chevy trucks can do that Ford trucks can't lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
I agreet It would be awesome on a 6.0. Idk if it would be any better than a well written tune ont he SCT but I just really hate hearing about things that Dodge and Chevy trucks can do that Ford trucks can't lol
Tell ya Im not sure it would make that much difference. I really like the SCT, but other options are always cool. But its just another thing to spend money on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I personally would sit in my truck with a laptop for hours driving around learning how to tune my truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Baltimore OH
Posts: 724
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
I personally would sit in my truck with a laptop for hours driving around learning how to tune my truck.

I know a duy with EFI Live on his LBZ with stock fuel and turbo and it is bad fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Baltimore OH
Posts: 724
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
NO Respect! My SCT gets no Respect!

Most of the diesel guys around here don't really know what they are doing, so they can't understand why a truck with some SCT tuner thingy blows the doors of their Bully dog and Edge tuned rigs

And, when I finally do run into Cummins or Duramax guys who do know what's going on, all they yap about is their EFI Live and how it is the greatest thing ever and how Ford is crap because they can't use EFI LIve and are way behind... This annoys me.

Now, I am extremely happy with my SCT with custom tunes, and I can usually take these EFI Live tuned trucks, but I still have to wonder... Why doesn't EFI Live have tuning for the Powerstroke? Will it ever be an option for us, maybe not for the 6.0, but what about the 6.4 or 6.7?
The craziest Cummins I have ever rode in had a Smarty on it. It was also p pumped with bigger sticks and turbo. All my Dodge buddies swear by the Smarty and the Dirtymax guys swear by EFI Live. Along with good custom SCT tunes for a 6.0, they are all great for their trucks. And I might as well throw in the Wildman for the 7.3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere unknown, even to me
Posts: 764
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EFI and common rails are a great combination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,083
Thanks: 113
Thanked 98 Times in 90 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
As to why not. Its because there are already multiple custom tuning platforms available for the PSD. SCT has the same tuning capabilities on the Fords as EFI live does for the GM trucks. Its actually a bit more complex due to the HEUI injection system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Baltimore OH
Posts: 724
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
As to why not. Its because there are already multiple custom tuning platforms available for the PSD. SCT has the same tuning capabilities on the Fords as EFI live does for the GM trucks. Its actually a bit more complex due to the HEUI injection system
Makes sense, now waiting for someone to convert a 6.0 to a common rail......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors