Intake Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intake Questions

Ok, I have been thinking about switching from my stock air intake to an aftermarket one. I have checked out Banks Ram Air intake and the aFe Power MagnumFORCE Stage-2 Si PRO 5R. I like that they give more flow and the improved MPG is the reason I am looking, but am I going to sacrifice filtering too much going with one of these systems? Also, if you would suggest running a different system, what? Or stay stock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if my truck would have had a stock filter on it I would have left it. Those are the best filter to use up to 500 RWHP. keep it stock and save the money.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Stay stock!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Most people will tell you the stock box is good up to 500rwhp but I know several people with aftermarket intakes on 6.0s that are no where near 500rwhp and claim throttle response and mpg gains. Also I wouldn't be too worried about the filtering on either one of the two systems you mentioned. Yes they are not going to filter as much as a stock Donaldson filter, however they ARE going to let more air in and I know my dad's 6.0 has had an aftermarket intake on it since it was almost new and its pushing 200k miles with the stock turbo and no problems.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had an S&B and couldn't tell any difference. Trucks are different, so keep that in mind. If you really want one, S&B and AFE seem to be the preferred amongst most, and try to stay clear of oiled filters. K&N's were notorious for being over oiled and gumming up the turbos. Any other oiled filter can have the same effect if over oiled, K&N just caught the flak. My wife and I run AFE dry filters on both our trucks and have worked just fine.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 AM

I have the Banks Ram Air in my 2004 6.0 f 250 Harley Davidson and you do notice a diff. in the throttle response, mpg I wouldnt be able to tell you right now, but I do like the after market intake over stock any day of the week. In MY opinion just because the stock is good up to 500hp doesnt mean its best. again this is my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.