SCT Livewire - Stock 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2007F250
SCT Livewire - Stock 6.0

I'm buying a used sct livewire, unmarried with 4 unlocks. I plan on using it with a 2007 F250 stock, 6" lift (already installed) and 35" tires (also already installed)

What are the best tunes for my setup? I don't want to install headstuds yet. I do not tow, It's simply a daily driver. I will be punching the skinny pedal from time to time against the ricers and such at redlights but not planning on holding it any longer then to beat them at most 1/4 mile.

I read the sct comes with dyno proven tunes, but I havent found what they are yet or what they will offer for me. Any insight is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your definitely going to want custom tunes. They will make your transmission happy and more than likely your head gaskets stay in longer. The main company's that you'll see for custom tuning are Innovative Diesel, Quicktricks, Gearhead, and Truck Source Diesel. I've ran Quicktricks looney tune for a non-studded truck for 6 or 7 months with no problems before I had studs. The power was unreal compared to the tunes that come with my live wire.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Your definitely going to want custom tunes. They will make your transmission happy and more than likely your head gaskets stay in longer. The main company's that you'll see for custom tuning are Innovative Diesel, Quicktricks, Gearhead, and Truck Source Diesel. I've ran Quicktricks looney tune for a non-studded truck for 6 or 7 months with no problems before I had studs. The power was unreal compared to the tunes that come with my live wire.

Will the livewire automatically back up my stock tune? I read the manual on it online from a pdf i found but it doesnt mention backing up the stock tune of my truck and how to back it up on my computer or anything. Anyone know?

p.s the tuner will be here in about a week
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM

Yes the Livewire automatically backs up your stock file before tuning.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The livewire automatically backs it up, but you should save it on your PC too:

How to Back up your Stock file
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey all. I got my livewire in. The first thing i did was load the preloaded tune. Now if I'm not mistaken it should have had three preloaded tunes? I didnt have any options to scroll through preloaded tunes at all. I'm not really sure which preloaded tune im running...how can I tell? how do I switch between the preloaded tunes?
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when you select preloaded tunes... u want to adjust user settings. this is where you select the tune. good rule of thumb is to also adjust revs per mile based on your 35's... and while your at it turn off your EGR/speed limiter. with EGR off you wont get the CEL coming on.. there is the possibility of still pushing it open with high boost numbers. its a way to help the motor until you delete the egr all together. GOOD LUCK

with your setup.. id run performance tune... 100hp great tune and mpg will be good.

As for me i got the Looney tune from vivian.. its a night and day difference from "canned" tunes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM

I agree with the huge difference between the canned tunes and custom. I was running the performance tune on the sct, and switched to a non-studded version of the looney. What a difference in power and I personally thinks it shifts better then stock.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:23 PM

I also recommend the non-studded Looney. Its a major difference over the canned performance tune. And nobody has customer service like Vivian
Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
I also recommend the non-studded Looney. Its a major difference over the canned performance tune. And nobody has customer service like Vivian
Just got my non studded Looney tune. Holy cow it rips!

Last edited by 2007F250; 04-04-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.