Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I have money to spend please help...

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TruckNorris 
#1 ·
ok well I need help. I have several things that I want to do. ARP head bolts have been installed egr Bullet Proof cooler installed, so I have 1200 to burn lol. I want to put an exhaust in it but do not know which one to choose I want to hear my diesel truck roar. Is a intake really necessary? I want to upgrade my shocks and struts, but again dont know which way to go. leveling kit isnt really necessary to me but i guess it could do lol. if yall know of anything that i could use please tell me before i spend this money. thanks ahead of time.:icon_ford:

#2 ·
#3 ·
I agree with gauges 100%. The Edge Insight CTS is one of the best out there. After that I would go with the MBRP 5" exhaust system, thats what I have on my truck and when you get on it, it roars. Make sure its a turbo back with no cat. Usually it'll say (off road use). Then after that your ready for a hot tune! :burnout::burnout::burnout:

#4 ·
Definitely get gauges and throw a coolant filter on there too. Then you can get your exhaust, personally I wouldn't bother with stainless, aluminized will last a long time and look better for a lot less, and buy an SCT with custom tunes... Then you should save for new tires, you're going to need them :hehe:

#6 ·
for shocks try the bilstein 5100's. I have those and love them.

As mentioned earlier, cts or scanguage first. If all is good, stand pipes, dummy plugs, stc fitting,ccv mod, and sct with custom tunes.

As for exhaust, I had a Diamond Eye 5'' with 4'' dp and loved it. Got it for $315 shipped, the dp took an hour and the rest took 30minutes. don't waste your money on an air intake, unless you get the gogo diesel intake manifold, but there goes all your money.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for yalls help. I know I still have a long way to go to make my rig where i want it to be. but yall have told me some very useful info and am looking foward to getting them taken care of. I think that I will start off with the edge insight cts to make sure that everything is working well. I believe that I will go with a 5" turbo back. I get a discount at oreillys so that helps out a little. and what do yall think of king shocks? I have a buddy at work that said that he could get them for me dirt cheap which kinda of worries me. thanks again guys

#8 ·
What all does the edge insight Cts actually monitor? Sorry I'm new to all of the thanks again

#9 ·
By the way your stock intake will be fine,unless yo get more burning a hole in your pocket:hehe:

#10 ·
CTS can monitor all kinds of stuff, EGT (with probe), EOT,ECT, FICMv, Battv, Boost, Engine load, etc. I recently got one, and it's helped me find out a lot more about my truck and fix/prevent future headaches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.