Sct questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sct questions

So after I got my ficm, oil cooler, and egr cooler fixed I asked my guy what he thought if any mods I should do in the future. I am already straight piped and tuned with the edge juice platinum with attitude. the 2 things he said were whatever you do not get a cold air intake and the second get rid of that tuner and get sct. Now I have seen on here everyone says the same thing.

My questions are if I get just the sct live wire does it shift on the fly and what is it that I here it does not shut off with the truck so is there a power button or something ?

Next question is I see people match the sct and the edge insight which looks cool seems great but my question is do you make all the adjustsmens though the insight or do u do them Through the sct I guess how do they pair or is the insight only for gauges and you have to make adjustments on the sct

Thanks in advance

2006 F350 6.0 88000 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The SCT livewire does not program on the fly. It is a programer which is different then the edge platinum with attitude. i had one of them and was nice but the SCT tunes are amazing. totally change the truck way more then the edge did. And you are right when it is plugged into the truck it does not turn off. if you plug it into the obdII port it comes alive and stays alive until you unplug it.
the insight is nothing more then digital gauges. it does not program or modify anything its simply a set of gauges. the SCT does all teh tuning. I just purchased an insight from a guy on here and cant wait to get it so I can monitor the trucks vitals better.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Island Dweller

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can turn the LiveWire off you just hold the esc button for 3 seconds and it will power down. I got one about a week ago and I love it. Got it from MPT came with the EGT probe and 3 custom tunes. With tax it was 605.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You really don't want shift on the fly for the 6.0, it's bad for the trans.

Most members go with the SCT X-3 with custom tunes for a programmer, and the Edge Insight CS/CTS for a monitor.

When comparing monitor features between the Livewire and Insight CS/CTS, hands down the Edge CS/CTS will out monitor the Livewire. You can do/read so much more with the Insight CS/CTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.