Went to the track last night.... disappointed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Went to the track last night.... disappointed

Well guys like the title says I went to our local 8th mile track last night for the first time since injectors, studs, Airdog 2, and new tuning. The truck ran consistent 8.95 with just the regular looney tune and stock injectors non-studded, so I was hoping for some 8.30s.... wrong. The thing ran best of 8.63, backed up with 2 more 8.60s. I was very disappointed! What am I going to have to do to get 8.30 or even 8.20s??? I was thinking maybe I need more air and an elbow and cold air intake might make some difference? I know a turbo would be the way to go but I'm thinking could I get that. 3 cheaper? Ficm tuning?? I'm open for ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to roustabout04
Did you have your tune revised for the new injectors? Made a difference in mine after i put bigger injectors and a powermax. At first i wasnt impressed and thought WTH i just dropped this kinda money and its not much difference. Talked with my tuner and he revised the tune to match the injectors and the turbo and it made a difference. Thats just my 2 pennies.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 AM

dont feel bad... I ran a 9.0 with 285cc injectors and 66 and s483 compounds dang boost leaks and exhaust leaks! lol

What was your 60' time?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Does your tune have TQ lock up? Maybe try boosting a little higher before take off. I think FICM tuning would definitely help.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear Dirty Stroke. I too am in the disapointed boat. I just got finished dynoing mine again. It only put down 396/785. I too think FICM tuning is next. At least thats what I am going to try first before I go bigger on sticks and turbo.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:10 AM

Dang 06powerstroke, I bet you was real upset with that. My 60 ft was 1.77 twice and 1.79 the last run.

Toomuch, I was leaving the light around 14lbs. I tried doing it more on the road one time and it got to bouncing and spinning all 4 tires. So I know 14 is about my limit on launch. Lol. My tunes are written for my injectors and its the Super Panty Dropper with early lockup so it was locking half track and staying locked. I wanted to try my Looney Wild as a comparison but the track was too busy. Would the large mouth CFM elbow and pipe help any?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
No a CFM elbow won't help, the air restriction is in the OEM intake design and heads.

Do you have a way to data log the motor during your runs?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM

when you ran before did you have your 20s and 35s than?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:05 PM

The livewire says it can datalog but I've never tried it. Is this the kind of datalogging your talking about?? Would live tuning make this thing faster?? I don't know anybody in Alabama that would do live tuning but I'd be willing to pay for it, if it will help.

01redcrew, yes my truck had the 20s and 35s on it when it ran three 8.95 passes back to back! On the regular looney tune at the same track that I ran on last night. Full Force quoted me $700 to make my 155s into 175s. Would that be the way to go? I don't want to completely swap injectors because these are less than a year old, and I do still tow so I dont think 190s will work for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Dang 06powerstroke, I bet you was real upset with that. My 60 ft was 1.77 twice and 1.79 the last run.
it was a long night the night before we left to get it ready for the race... Got drunk tho! lol

1.7 60' is a really good time, I was just wondering how you got off the line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.