powermax turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
powermax turbo

Hi i am lookin to get a Powermax turbo for my 6.0..... If you have one just lying around and would like to donate it to the cause it would be greatly appreciated.... heck i would even pay shipping further more i wish i could make the turbo i have a powermax for half the price of a new one.... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
honestly the powermax is overrated IMHO if your looking for an easy upgrade do a batmowheel.

actually it depends on what year your truck is, 04+ turbos wont hold a batmo without machining
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
honestly the powermax is overrated IMHO if your looking for an easy upgrade do a batmowheel.

actually it depends on what year your truck is, 04+ turbos wont hold a batmo without machining
i have a 2005 what is the batmowheel? is that like the whicked wheel for the 7.3l?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM

yes a batmowheel is similar to a WW for a 7.3. it wont fit in your turbo anyway, without a new housing. the powermax is barely any bigger then stock. you really dont gain much for $1100. if your looking for sound a 03 turbo is the way to go.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IMO, a stock turbo, especially an 03 with a batmowheel, is better suited for stock sticks than a powermax. Add some fuel to a powermax and it is a completely different animal.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
IMO, a stock turbo, especially an 03 with a batmowheel, is better suited for stock sticks than a powermax. Add some fuel to a powermax and it is a completely different animal.
i have a looney tune, with the AD2 165 pump.... industrial injection told me that the 05+ turbos have better stock performance than the 03-04.5's but the ohhh3's have a better whistle.. i was lookin for performance and whistle. from what i have read the pmax is great with a big tune and stock stix.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM

I think if you stock and staying stock find a 03 turbo and put a batmowheel on it. I've had experience with the powermax and my truck runs better with thr 03
Old 03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford94stroker View Post
i have a looney tune, with the AD2 165 pump.... industrial injection told me that the 05+ turbos have better stock performance than the 03-04.5's but the ohhh3's have a better whistle.. i was lookin for performance and whistle. from what i have read the pmax is great with a big tune and stock stix.
I think that is a myth that the 05+ turbos are better, in fact, the 03 turbos, have a slightly larger compressor housing, hence the batmowheel fits the 03 but not later turbos without machining, and they turbine wheel is lighter so it may even spool a little quicker. If anything, I would say the earlier turbos are a little better. As was just stated, with stock injectors, an 03 with a batmo will spool quicker than a pmax and supply enough air for the injectors. The pmax will work well with stock sticks, but it will be laggier than a stock turbo (assuming both are tuned). The pmax is best matched for 155s IMO
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM

IMHO 03 turbo's are better. I wouldn't even consider a powermax for my truck over the factory 03 turbo. Powermax is too small for 190's and is hard to tune for stock injectors. Unless your planing on doing injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

IF I go with a 03 style turbo, i will have to change the pedastal....right? and how much is the b-wheel? i want the scream of the performance from the pmax but if i can do better with the 03 i will do it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.