600hp DD?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
600hp DD??

If I wanna change out my injectors an turbo what route should I be looking at. I also am adding Nitrous in the mix.

I understand I'll update the fuel delivery and tranny but I'm reading 190's an a PowerMax (was the hot ticket) gets ya 500 maybe....

If I'm gonna drop the coin an do the work I wanna go in the deep end.

I drive the truck more then I race it... so it's like a 80/20 mix, 80% of the time I'm a small responsible business owner an the other 20% I'm a knuckle head.

Ive owned the truck outright for a couple years an she doesn't owe me a thing..

Nothing exotic, but I got this Chevy D-bag at my local bar talking mad $hit an as my truck sit's now I think I'll make a showing but like I said I wanna play in the deep end. I don't wanna just show up to the race... I don't want him back in the bar talking $hit.

an other question.... I always hear people talking about propane an yet I never read about it. Everything is Nitrous. What is up with that. I remember an old show on TRUCKS an they added propane but that was years ago.

So what do ya think....?

as always thanks for the time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 PM

If you get 190's a Pmax with stainless diesels batmo wheel that has been PROVEN by johnny at stainless diesel himself itll add nice performance youd be sitting pretty. On top of that do an air dig 2 blue spring upgrade and 6.4 banjos. If you can i would also do a 58 volt ficm with race tune with your 190s and have matt at gear head tune the truck. I beleive most guys thinking a pmax with 190s is only a 500 horse setuP would be suprised what i can push. This is also your cheapest route to achieve some serious power
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Also build that trans and have a tune tuned for a built trans its a world of a differnce, if he has a built trans but you have more power hes still gonna be the one putting it all to the ground man.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I fyou are thinking about nitrous, I would look for a nonVGT turbo, I am told that VGTs like the pmax do not appreciate nitrous. A properly sized nonVGT, like 64mm with 190s would be in the 550 range or maybe above, and you could spray it a little to top 600 no problem. Probably want a wastegated turbo for the nitrous too
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Sorry I didn't get to into what is already done to my truck. I already have most mods needed an a bunch more. I wanna focus on the injectors an turbo upgrade. I also don't wanna get to +/~ 500 hp I'm almost there. I want the next big step. Maybe I shouldn't put a number on it. Non VGT? , twins?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM

If moneys no issue get twins
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

two turbos cost twice as much as one! But, a compund setup spools great, and has all kind of top end. Finding a single turbo that can do that is difficult at the power levels we are talking about. You could go with a big nonVGT and a diverter valve to help with spool up
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kTm520 View Post
If moneys no issue get twins
Money is always an issue... atleast to me. Also this is something I really am going to do. I'm going to rip into the motor once again.

Any input is great but can maybe we get some spicific ideas..? Twins... ok, what would you recomend in the combo?

I've been reading all I can about turbos both size an cfm flow. To big a stick an to small a turbo = no go..

I would think we can get 600hp ( or that kind of power) without needing 2turbos...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 PM

you can with a 66, how driveable do you want it to be? LOL
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

600hp on turbo can be done, especially with a little giggle gas.

I was actually thinking about a 66mm with my 190s, and putting a diverter valve on it which would get me close to 600 on fuel I think, and if you went with 205s or 225s and a 66mm you could do it for sure.

Like Greg said, drivability is the big issue at that point

Some 190s with a wastegated 64/71/.70 batmo would be pretty sweet on the street and could break 600 when you spray it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.