Programmer difference - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programmer difference

So I had to take my truck to the ford dealership the other day to get a new coolant tank put on. So I flashed it back to stock with my sct livewire. After driving the truck on stock I very quickly realize that it's so much slower than it was. So I have been waiting on another dodge to get next me so I can see what the fuss is about cuz the only that got next to me so far didn't surprise me. So of corse the dodge get next to me and I had to do the knowledgable thing and shake my head no at him. But it's okay cuz the guy in front of me got a ticket not even a half mile up the road so it was ment to be. So now I realize how much difference a good tuner really makes.

So does anyone have a tuner that they don't feel makes a not only big difference but I mean a great big huge difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I drove mine stock for a week after the pmax and 190s install and it kwas the laggiest, smokiest, slowest pig of a truck I have ever driven (besides that chevy I have for work ) After I installed the new tunes, I put the pedal down once and the thing promptly did a full 360 before I wa able to let off! I swear i almost pooped!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM

Haha! I mean when I first tuned it I was like okay yeah she has some serious get up and go. But after awhile you get used to it. So when I put it back stock. I had to pass someone and I was like wtf this thing is slow now.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Sometimes I forget how fast my truck really is. I have totake someone for I ride then, they remind me
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 AM

Yeah I was running the street tune and my dad was like man this thing will blow my stock 2wd out of the water. I was like I guess I'm used to it and I don't feel it like that anymore.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Haha, I work with a guy who has a new Cummins, stock, and I took him for a ride, and at first hea was like this thing seems pretty tame, then I actually stood on the skinny pedal... You should have seen the look on his face when it chirped the tires and did a little shimmy while shifting from 5th to 6th at over 85 mph!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM

I bet he started calculating the numbers in his head how much he has to spend to get is (cummin sooner or later) on your level. lol
Old 03-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

He did, especially after I showed him Industrial Injections compound kits for the cummins online.

He keeps talking about something called a warranty though never owned a vehicle with one of those lol

Fun Fact: his new cummins spends more time in the shop than my "unreliable, junk" 6.0
Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 AM

Haha. Something about a warranty. I said F U and your warranty to mine and bought and sct tuner the day I bought it.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Good call. i never had a warranty, and I'm ok with that. There are only two people in the world who are allowed to work on my truck, and one of them is me lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.