Is my tune bad? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is my tune bad?

I'm running Eric's Xtreme Race tune on my truck and I must say I'm very impressed with it. Power from the get go is very hard. I do have a few concerns with it though...

Yesterday I was cruising at about 55-58 and I was about to go up a pretty fat hill. It was in overdrive and the TC was locked and would not come out of it. I started to give it a little more skinny pedal and yes it would start to accelerate but if I put it more past 3/4 throttle it would start to buck and it would sound like I'm trying to push way to much boost or I was running out of fuel. It sounded like a "turbo fart" is what I'm trying to say.

This is a race tune but I mean it should kick out of O/D right? I've yet to try Xtreme Street due to me buying a new house and being in the process of moving.

So should I get in contact with Eric and see what he thinks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tap the brake pedal or hit the tow haul button to unlock the converter, the race runs you need to give it serious pedal to get it to down shift, this is why most people dont run them daily. I suggest you run x street daily it will probably be more driver friendly for you. Or you can have eric alter the tune so that the converter only locks up under WOT, this is how my x race file is set up.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yep, what pizza said. Either change your driving style, switch tunes, or have your tune altered. Nature of the beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.