H & S Performance programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H & S Performance programmers

I may be beating a dead horse but since I don't feel like rummaging through 500+ threads, I'll start a new one. One H & S's website they offer the black maxx and mini maxx for the 3 latest Fords (6.0,6.4 and 6.7). The 6.4 is the only one listed with high power settings. I have two questions:

1. Is there a legitimate reason why they don't offer the 6.0 or the 6.7 with hot tunes like the 6.4? (it's always possible to upgrade stuff to allow high numbers so saying "because you don't have head studs" is not a legit reason....IMO.

2. Am I the only one who doesn't believe that a stock truck with stock fuel injectors, stock fuel system and stock turbos, stock transmissions can withstand 587hp and 1287 lbft of torque as their dyno chart lists for the 6.4?

It shows on the dyno chart a stock 6.4 with a 4" exhaust DPF delete and a CAI is making those numbers on their hot tune (250hp, a tune not available for 6.0 or 6.7 trucks).

Any opinions? I really like the display on the tuner and I like a lot of the things it monitors but I can't see dropping $1,200 for a tuner for a 6.0L that will only get me 120hp on their hot tune, when my SCT X3 is paid for, and I have higher tunes through Innovative.

Chime in!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
i wouldn't suggest a h&s for a 6.0. yes you will only gain he 120hp. with no trans tuning. still better off with a custom tunes on an sct....
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 AM

they dont offer that big of tunes for a 6.0 cause its not a commom rail injection and the 6.4 was really de tuned from the factory thats why they can make so much power out of them
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

So they can make that much power with reasonable tuning but is it realistic to believe the 'factory' or 'stock' components will hold up to those numbers for anything other than a couple dyno runs?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM

There's guys running KEM's 345 tune on 6.4s all day long. A detuned compound turbo truck like the 6.4 has much more potential than our 6.0. Custom SCT tunes are still the best thing for any 6.0
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
the stock 6.0 is only capible of around 450 rwhp. the limiting reason is fuel and air. the 6.4 had alot more fuel and air and can make 1000 rwhp with a few upgrades. rudys diesel did it a year ago. the 6.0 and 6.4 are very similar minus turbos and injection systems. on the new 6.7 they are working on getting more power out of them but they are running out of air. ford was pretty smart limiting the fuel and air to the motor making it nessisary to replace those parts to get high hp making it easier to not warranty motors. as for the 6.4 they do seem to hold up for a while at 300 plus hp over stock but the 6.4 isnt looking like a high milage motor. 200k might be a strech out of them
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
So they can make that much power with reasonable tuning but is it realistic to believe the 'factory' or 'stock' components will hold up to those numbers for anything other than a couple dyno runs?
Yes they can make that much power on stock components. NO they do not hold up long running 300+hp tunes. Anyone that claims they are running a big tune like that on a 6.4 with no problems for any length of time is either babying the SH!T out of the truck OR they are lying. My best friend is a diesel mechanic at our local ford dealership. I've seen too many 6.4s with the cab off and bottom end blown out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.