Shifting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shifting

I installed Matt's SRL tune...and I gotta say...my tranny shifts like sh*t !!! I shifts hard, but sometimes feels like it doesnt wanna go into the next gear when it should. Also...if you lay into it, sometimes it acts like it wont go into a high gear (stuck in whatever gear its in until you let off the throttle). Its done this a few time when I jump on it trying to pass people when I was going maybe 40 mph from the stop light. It almost acts like I'm building too much line pressure or something. If I let off the pedal, it will shift. Runs like a molested gorilla from 50 to 100 mph tho. I'm just scratching my head. I'll try and call Matt tomorrow.

I did not mess with any of the adjustable tranny points in the SCT. The only thing I changed was the tire size rotation thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did you let the trans re-learn? If not I highly suggest you do, Matts tunes should shift real smooth under light throttle conditions. When WOT the 5r110 LOVES firm shifts so its supposed to do that. Every tuner uses a fair amount of line pressure under heavy throttle because the trans needs it. Your trans will thank you later.

Dont mess with any of te shift points all that stuff should be left to the tuner
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
His Srl should shift great. Trans learning is important. Give it some time. If it still isn't right contact Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 AM

How long do you figure (roughly) it will take to re-learn ? I just changed the fluid...so that should be good. It just feels like sometimes the tranny wont shift when you put some decent throttle to it. Almost acts (feels) like if you had a manual tranny, and you pushed the clutch halfway in while accelerating hard....then let the clutch back out when you let off the throttle a little. Does that description make sense ?

I didnt adjust the speedo (with the SCT) for tire size (285/70/17)...could that make any difference ? (like maybe the shifting and speedometer readings somehow affect each other in the tranny program )

'05 KR CC 4x4 DRW

Last edited by tinman565; 03-04-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
His Srl should shift great. Trans learning is important. Give it some time. If it still isn't right contact Matt.

I know what your talking about hanging in a gear until you let out. The first time I went wot with it it held 4200 rpm unroll I let out then it shifted. After it learned that's wasn't a problem

Old 03-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Go on YouTube and type in Srl powerstroke and watch some vids of the tune. It will give you an idea of how it runs.

Here's a couple of mine.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:28 AM

"I know what your talking about hanging in a gear until you let out. The first time I went wot with it it held 4200 rpm unroll I let out then it shifted."

Ok now...."hanging in a gear until you let out" is a perfect description sir.

Secondly....you said it held till 4200....I have my rev limiter set to 3650...could that be part of it ? Maybe I'm on the limiter before I have enough line pressure to shift it ?????
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 AM

i didn't modify my rev limiter. if you modified yours id change it. SRL likes to shift at 4k ish. ive hit 4400 before

like this. mine will hit 4k between the gears

Old 03-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You need to me sure to set the Rev Per Mile correctly, then drive the truck normal and give it time to relearn. Sometimes it takes less than 20 miles, sometimes less than 50 miles. Really no set mileage when relearn is complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.