Last Min Question on Pulling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VID'S ADDED Last Min Question on Pulling

Tonight is the Truck Wars show an it said on the radio it free to get in if you compete. I'm gonna give it a try. I guess its bumper to bumper pull off. I was gonna put Gearheads Unlimited Tow in it an drop it to 4low a give it a shot.

Anything I should know? I've never did something like this an any advise is a big help.

My bottom end is ALL stock. DRW/4x4 with 22.5" rims an tires. My tires suck and are hard compond. How much air should I run?? I think its on the road?

Last edited by RiskIt; 03-05-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added video..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 01:00 PM

your ticket to get in would be less expensive than when you break a front shaft by using 4low on concrete. not to spoil your fun, but i sure as heck wouldnt subject my truck to that for less than $1000

secondly if you choose to ignore my warning i fully support you to video tape the pull and post on here for the rest of us to watch
Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Chatham036: thank you for the wise advice

So I pulled n the dually class an that was the toughest class. My first pull/tug was against a built F550. We lined up an it went back an forth a bit an I blew my front end. I was pulling in 4low an I blew the outer shaft. I sat around and felt sorry for myself until the end of the night.

The truck that beat me was undefeated all night an the closest fight was my truck. Anyway, the last race was that 550 and a 450/6.4 built toy. at the end of the race the 550 that beat me won. They checked the truck over an he had been cheating!! (I would have had I thought I could get away with it) he had a bunch of elevator weights an his spare tire was full of weight.

The night was over an we had a grudge pull, 2wheel drive. I had blown' my 4wheel up already.....

4min pull!!! We fought back an forth. In the end they called it a tie,!!!! **** HIM, thanks to you crazy people my truck was/would have been the toughest ***** at the pull

As always Thank You

Last edited by RiskIt; 03-04-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: I was mean an said a bad word...:)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:15 AM

Before you all jump up an down on me calling him a (I'll go back an edit it). It was meant in good fun. Im sorry

You gotta admit if you read his post he sounds like a hall monitor in JR High.

An I will have fun fixing my truck.. I always do, that's why I come here... I'm into fixing, racing,pulling my truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:26 AM

As long as you don't complain about breaking something then it's cool. If you are into the mantra "pay to play" then we respect that. It's ppl who use daddy's money to fix their !@#$ ups that don't deserve much anything but a scooter to drive.
As long as you had fun
Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 PM

Live and learn. Rofl
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
All good man

just didn't konw you were using sarcasm...
Thought you actually didn't believe him and were too niave to listen.

If it was all in fun then congrats on "winning"
(you probably would have if the other guy wasn't cheating)
Old 03-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Premium Member

i just noticed i wrote..."have fun fixing your STUCK"

Damn autocorrect hahahahaha

EDIT: I also went and deleted my post... at first I wanted to just edit it, but noticed it was ALL pretty harsh...so I just deleted it
Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Now before we get all upset I got called 17 (took it in good fun) an then I read Rofl an hehehe. I had to look up the Rofl as although I might still act 17 I'm 43.

The actual pulling was pretty cool. There were maybe 7 DRW trucks in my class. I've never been to something like that an had no idea how to do it correctly. Of course I had to go first in my class but after watching some of the other earlier SRW trucks thought it didn't look that hard.
I lined up against the 550 an pulled him at first then he just held his ground. My 17yr old maturity got the best of me an I got frustrated an pegged the skinny peddle an had all 6 tires smoking an the motor popping off the rev limiter!!!! The front end started to hop an that's when I blew the outer shaft. Again the little kid in me just couldn't calm down to reality an I stayed in.. I guess the sparks got out of control an they made me shut it down.

After 4 1/2min of puling back an forth they asked if I wanted to call it a tie an as I said no right at that time all my warnings on my CTS went off.
Tranny:249
ECT:240
EOT: 243

I put it in neutral an said its a tie.. Announcer said it was the best match of the night. Out of the whole night I think only one other truck broke a front end.

I drove it home. An I have a great video as soon as I learn how to get it off my buddy's iPhone.

To anyone who isn't afraid to play in the deep end of the pool the trick (as I was learning) is to stand on the brakes an let the t-converter do the work. Slow an steady an keep the tire spin down. At one point both our trucks where spinning the tires VERY slowly.

You'll all love the video.....

Last edited by RiskIt; 03-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Premium Member

That is great
Glad you had fun man...

just so you know the only reason I know of all these things like ROFL is the ORG... (i'm not 17)

all these smiley faces making me remember the actual phrases/ names of the faces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.