ID Street vs. ID Extreme Street - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ID Street vs. ID Extreme Street

Has anybody run the two files and how do they compare to each other... ie power delivery, throttle responce, shifting, overall driveability, etc...

I'm trying to figure out how to compare the two files... It seems as if the "Extreme" file makes more power higher up in the RPM range while the "street" file makes a bit less power but it comes on stronger lower in the RPM range. Boost for both files top out at 30-31psi and EGT's seem the same for both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post
Has anybody run the two files and how do they compare to each other... ie power delivery, throttle responce, shifting, overall driveability, etc...

I'm trying to figure out how to compare the two files... It seems as if the "Extreme" file makes more power higher up in the RPM range while the "street" file makes a bit less power but it comes on stronger lower in the RPM range. Boost for both files top out at 30-31psi and EGT's seem the same for both.
I dont have the info on the files your looking for, but i thought i would warn y you....u hit 31 PSI on an 03.......and there is a pretty decent chance of headgasket issues....
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 AM
The Fat Mod

I have run them both but it has been a while. As I remember, the reg street is a toned down version of the X Street.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Sorry, I normally drive on the Xtreme version. Never have tried the regular.

But Eric has my boost capped at about 24lbs. So, I have yet to see above 30. And since I have factory studs, that's fine with me!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm not seeing the 30-31psi all the time... Every now and then it will hit that 30-31psi # and then came back down to 28-29psi. More often than not the boost will peak out at 28psi per my Commander.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Banned

i have an 04 and with stock head bolts it has seen 30-32psi many many times.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post

These are the only two files I have run. The street does seem to pick up a little quicker in the lower rpm range and shift a little better, for my strategy. It doesn't smoke anywhere near as much as the xtreme street. which is why I run that as my daily driver As far as raw, seat of your pants power, the xtreme street is a lot faster than the street. Once that lag is out of the way she wakes up and sounds like a freaking BEAST and shoots onto the freeway like a rocket. While in 4th and 5th with the tc locked it really wants to take off. Like a jittery horse. Overall, the xtreme street does seem like a hyped up version of the street. If the street smoked as much as the xtreme street I would run that as my daily driver. hope that helped.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
These are the only two files I have run. The street does seem to pick up a little quicker in the lower rpm range and shift a little better, for my strategy. It doesn't smoke anywhere near as much as the xtreme street. which is why I run that as my daily driver As far as raw, seat of your pants power, the xtreme street is a lot faster than the street. Once that lag is out of the way she wakes up and sounds like a freaking BEAST and shoots onto the freeway like a rocket. While in 4th and 5th with the tc locked it really wants to take off. Like a jittery horse. Overall, the xtreme street does seem like a hyped up version of the street. If the street smoked as much as the xtreme street I would run that as my daily driver. hope that helped.
Thats just the feedback I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've hit 31 a few times in my 06 with my foot in it but it doesn't stay there very long. I haven't chipped it yet but I'm thinking about the SCT. Hopefully the programmer won't make it go any higher.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

the regular street seems totally different to me vs the xtreme street. it feels like the xtreme street is a tad detuned out the hole vs the street, but that is prob so that it does not tear up the tranny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.