Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

who tunes FICM's??

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  ssdeuce 
#1 ·
I have the 58v FICM from ID but it isnt the "tuned" version. Wherecan i get it tuned right without parking my truck for at least a week??? Does anyone know of a place in Texas that does FICM tunes??

#3 ·
how much do you actually gain from tuning the FICM. just curious

#5 ·
We did a dyno/FICM tuning day at earlier this month and saw gains from 35rwhp and 60lbs-ft on stock trucks down to 10rwhp and 20lbs-ft on tuned trucks with big race tunes loaded. I gained some of the smallest numbers, but the throttle response after the tunes was simply amazing. These were all with his old FICM tunes. I'm going back ASAP for his new FICM tuning. Bill is top notch when it comes to tuning PSD's.

#4 ·
#8 ·
We had 3 6.0's outta 21 I think, break the 450RWHP barrier with stock sticks and air. I had 451rwhp, our President (Super Diesel) had 454 and the third guy hit 450. I'm gonna get the reflash to his newest FICM tune.

#9 ·
yea if i end up keepin my 6.0 its going to bill at php to get this done....that is where you got it done at right

#11 ·
So if you had to choose is either ID or PHP better than the other?? I have dealt with ID before and was very pleased and I just looked at PHP's website and was very impressed. So I could go either way, I did notice the lead time on PHP,s but I couldnt find it on ID's site. Any Opinions??

#12 ·
Sorry guess you guys beat me to it!

#13 ·
I have spent money at IDP and PHP. Both are great companies, but I would go to Bill at PHP for FICM tuning no doubt. Bill and Eric are first class. Up until recently Eric has offered bigger ECM tunes for the 6.0L, but Bill has begun tuning some HUGE numbers too! He has a race truck making 480RWHP on stock sticks, turbo, exhaust (even the cat is still in place), stock intake and a water/meth kit. That truck is impressive. I rode in it, WOW!

#14 ·
It looks like that is the way I will go. After I get my CTS installed I will be calling PHP. I cant wait!!

#19 ·
If you tune your FICM you won't have to have your SCT tunes rewritten. We did 3 dyno pulls at PHP before and 3 after the FICM tuning, never changing the SCT tune (whatever the guys were running). No adjustments necessary.

#20 ·
so i don't have to take the tune out to program either, was there still decent gains over the tuned trucks.

#21 ·
I don't know about his new tunes, but on the old tune I picked up 8rwhp and 25rwtq. That number gain was minimal compared to the huge difference in throttle response. The truck felt a lot quicker. Virtually no turbo lag and it pulls much harder in the low to mid rpm range. The new FICM tune ( I got the Atlas 80) feels stronger still. I can't wait to put her back on the dyno.

#22 ·
how about towing would that atlas 80 be ok to tow with.

#24 ·
Thats why I went with the Atlas 80 instead of the Hercules. The new tunes are the Atlas 40, Atlas 80 and the Hercules, in order from mild to extreme. All these tunes also include mild inductive heating so cold starts won't be an issue.

The Atlas 80 is fairly aggressive as far as fueling, but retains the ability to allow your tuner to pull enough fuel out so you can still tow safely. The Hercules won't allow enough fuel to be pulled out. It is really just for guys who want a fast truck and never use it to tow. Shoot Bill at PHP an email or give him a call. He'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Tell him Matt Wilbur sent you his way. He's a great guy. On Thursday he reflashed my FICM to the new Atlas 80 at his house since Corey (his wife) was having horrible migraines and they didn'y have the shop open. It was the only chance I would have been able to get up there, so he offered to just let me come by the house. Thats customer service, oh yeah, and it was a free reflash, so he wasn't making a dime off me.:thumb:

#25 ·
thanks man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.