Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6 hole vs 8 hole injectors

11K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  rdunagan 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have a wild and crazy question regarding injectors. I'm getting ready to drop some serious coin upgrading my '05 CC FX4 with turbo, injectors, stud..etc.. Anyways, my question was there is a company in PA that specializes in building up larger injectors, 155, 175 and 190cc utilizing the original 6 hole design but with larger orifices ie, 190cc 75%. Then there's Elite Diesel who has for instance an 8 hole 185 cc injector at 70%.

My question is, will the 8 hole atomize the fuel better than the 6 hole or is that merely just gonna boil down to personal preference. The cost difference between the two are substantial, but I curious as to the quality of the 6 vs 8 hole, all money talk aside.

Any input out there?

#34 ·
Maybe that's the route I'll go. I want to be able to pull if need be but hopefully the pmax/155's don't cause me to dump c-notes out the tailpipes, but I guess proper tuning would help. I know with my current SCT 125 hp tune, i avg between 15-17mpg on highway without a truck shell and with one, i avg 19-21mpg. I'd def like to stay in the high teens. I'll keep ya posted...

#36 ·
i think if you can stay outta the petal then the 155's will net you alittle better mpg's also. not much but some

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.