Gauges? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges?

Alright guys, I need your expertise; Iím new the diesel game and so far you all have gave me nothing but great feedback. I want to install a trans temp, coolant temp, and boost gauge but after looking around I have become lost in the endless list of options. Does anyone have any recommendations on what would be best? Will an electronic monitor (like the Bully Dog Watch Dog) work the same as a regular pod mounted gauge?
I just installed a Sinister EGR delete kit, I have a K&N intake and the SCT X3 tuner w/ custom tunes. Soon I will be installing an exhaust system, so any recommendations on that would also be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

An Edge CTS will monitor those plus alot more with its expandability. I have one and love it....

I personally like the price/quality for the MBRP exhaust systems....lol
Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Other cheaper options for a monitor system is the ScangaugeII with separate fuel psi and EGT gauge. Or if you have a iOS device like iPhone/iPad/iTouch you can look into the DashBoss.
DashBoss monitoring review.

And if you have a Droid based smart phone, you can look into the Torque app and add a seperate fuel psi and EGT gauge.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

+1 for the edge CTS. You need to be able to monitor your EOT and ECT. Thats very important with the 6.0's.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am going to second the EDGE CTS post. I am currently watching ECT, EOT, TFT, Speed, RPM, Batt Voltage, FICM Voltage and ICP pressure......all on one easy to read screen. You should be able get into a CTS for $400 or a little less if you find a deal on it.

I have recently ordered the parts to expand mine to monitor EGT and Fuel Pressure. I will replace Speed and RPM with the EGT and Fuel Pressure. I was disappointed to find that it costs as much to expand as it did to purchase the CTS originally. I weighed the expand option with gauges and a pillar pod, it did cost more to expand but I am going for the pawpaw sleeper look and a pillar full of gauges didn't work for me.

The CTS is Back Up Camera ready, I will add that when I find a camera that I like, I don't care for the Ege camera mounted on top of the tag.

The only thing that I do not like about my CTS are the lack of mounting options (opinion). They are too larger to mount on the pillar and look clean like the smaller Edge products, they sort of look like they are hanging off in space (opinion again) and I don't care for suction cups on the windshield, which is where mine is now. I have an idea for a mount that will either be really cool or end up in the recycle bin. If it works it will def. get posted on the .org!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a cts and it's pretty good but I would say it depends what you want to do. If your just wanting to watch 3 or 4 things then gauges are just as good. The cts is expensive but I added a cheap camera and I like being able to change the look when I want.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Clark, in the mean time while your making a decision on a monitor solution, and you want to check your ECT/EOT delta for the health of your oil cooler. You can check the temp delta with your SCT X-3. Here is a link on how to set up your X-3 to get the EOT reading.

How to get SCT x3 to read eot vs ect
Old 02-26-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargar View Post
The only thing that I do not like about my CTS are the lack of mounting options (opinion). They are too larger to mount on the pillar and look clean like the smaller Edge products, they sort of look like they are hanging off in space (opinion again) and I don't care for suction cups on the windshield, which is where mine is now. I have an idea for a mount that will either be really cool or end up in the recycle bin. If it works it will def. get posted on the .org!
You can mount it above the rear view window...

The thread below provides tons of mounting options

edge cts insight mounting
Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys, all great info! I was looking at the cts today and I'm thinking I might lean towards it.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark McLaughlin View Post
Thanks guys, all great info! I was looking at the cts today and I'm thinking I might lean towards it.
the Edge Insight CTS a great tool, get the expandable probe so if you want to add more to it down the line plus you can run 8 things at one time. Most are Free shipping over $50
Edge Inisight CTS
Things you can add down the line like turbo timer & back up Monitor & fuel pressure
The Edge accessory system (EAS) was created with future expandability in mind Product Code: EDG98603
Edge Products – CTS UPDATE: Turbo Timer Install | Toy Hauler Adventures Product Code: EDG98604
Insight CTS Monitor by Edge Products | Toy Hauler Adventures
Ford Powerstroke 6.0L fuel pressure monitor and low pressure fix. | Toy Hauler Adventures
or you can order here Free Shipping
http://www.alligatorperformance.com/...?mID=6&cID=250
I would not do fuel in the Edge because you give up 1 spot with this setup you can read 9
This is what i got for the fuel pressure gauge, it goes into the test port, this is a cool set up gets the sender away from the heat and viberation of the motor.
Page 30: Fuel Supply System
6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter

Column Pod
1 Gauge Column Pod (AT)
Autometer Fuel Pressure gauge---Bottom Left (This matches my Dash gauges)
Phantom II Gauges
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.