Is this bad? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this bad?

Just pulled my turbo pipe for the blue spring and saw this.

Is that oil a terrible thing?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Attached Thumbnails
Is this bad?-imageuploadedbyautoguide1330185283.859300.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Serving Our Country!

Don't know if it is bad or not but mine always looks like that and I never really put much thought into it... I hope that makes you feel better
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Premium Member

It's because of the PCV system on these trucks....Do a search for CCV mod if you want to learn how to get rid of it.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM

is it a bad thing tho?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes it is....but just like the egr system is bad and just like the coolant from Ford is bad. That's why there is the ccv mod, egr delete and restore flush to get the sand out. It's an oem design and that picture with oil is a result of it just like clogged oil coolers are a result of ford gold coolant same with egr coolers.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

The only negative thing I've heard is that the oil will soak the air pipe couplers and they can slip off under pressure...So if your driving down the road and hear a POP followed by no boost/power that's probably what happened. Oh and it may puddle in the intercooler and reduce it's efficiency. Other than that it doesn't really hurt anything....You can run a diesel off oil.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Yes it is....but just like the egr system is bad and just like the coolant from Ford is bad. That's why there is the ccv mod, egr delete and restore flush to get the sand out. It's an oem design and that picture with oil is a result of it just like clogged oil coolers are a result of ford gold coolant same with egr coolers.
The clogged oil coolers and busted EGR coolers have no connection to this and you didn't state anything to back up your claim that it's bad.

There has yet to be any factual proof that Ford Gold is bad, only that any coolant in combination with ionized water(i.e. tap water) will aid in clogging things up. Restore is used to get silicates out in preparation for a change to a non-silicate coolant, not casting sand. Maybe the VC-9/Restore Plus helps serve that purpose. You seem to just be Ford bashing, maybe you should get a bowtie or ram

The PCV may be new to diesel's but it's certainly not new to internal combustion engines.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg_064 View Post
The only negative thing I've heard is that the oil will soak the air pipe couplers and they can slip off under pressure...So if your driving down the road and hear a POP followed by no boost/power that's probably what happened.
While only a minor fix, it DOES suck to have happen at 1230 at night while pulling a 10+K load up a hill and lose all power. Nevertheless, it is a pretty easy fix and will most likely manifest itself on one of the hot side pipe boots.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yup that's all I'm doing is bashing Ford lol. What are you talking about Jerg. You're right those clogged and busted coolers have nothing to do with "this", it's called an example. Pick my post apart so you have something to b!tch about I guess if that's your style. Thanks for the reminder that I can't forget to put JMO after all my posts. I don't need to post the details, I can post "yes it is bad" and be done with it without your "maybe you should go get a different truck" comments. That's why there is a mod called "CCV mod", people will consider that oil bad if it has repeatedly been the culprit of cac tube popping off. Don't worry dude my post is Just My Opinion. My apologies for not typing that in OP.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

I came off harsher than intended. It's just your post was full of pure negativity a little bit of misinformation. I completely agree that the PCV system sucks.

And as far as stating your opinion is just that, yea I tend to think people should add that in in some way or another. Like in my original post I used "I've heard" and "it may". Otherwise a lot of people will take others word as fact; like silicate goo supposedly clogging oil coolers, pure opinion and yet treated as scientific fact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.